Re: Internet and Education

  • Arlyn Freed
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 3, 2004
      Hi Arif,

      In addition to Miau's comment to include web site
      evaluation, I think the lack of good search skills can
      really hinder the success of some projects. Teaching
      students BOOLEAN language basics and steering them
      toward specific search engines is key to limiting
      search time and helping students located exactly what
      they are looking for.

      Additional ideas: include basic Internet vocabulary,
      suggest searching by file extension, and explore the
      benefits of various search engine options (ie: search
      by image, audio, etc.).

      I include some of this material in a web page I
      created for low-level beginners:
      http://www.eslhome.com/esl/listen/search/

      All the best,
      Arlyn

      Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:53:05 -0400
      From: "MIAU" <miaupju@...>
      Subject: RE: Internet and Education

      I think including information about Nielsen's
      principles for evaluating
      Internet sites would be a good idea, with this
      information ss would be
      able to make apropriate web sites. Another element
      would be platforms
      like Nicenet, Moodle, etcetera.
      I hope this is of help,
      Greetings,
      Mar�a Irene

      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 8, 2004
        Hi Arif,

        have a look at this too...

        http://portal.unesco.org/education/en/ev.php-URL_ID=18592&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html

        or here:

        http://www.elearningeuropa.info/index.php?lng=1&sid=7bfa11a2207825deb68a8d69940ec944&p1=1&p4=1

        Kind regards,

        Mar�a

        =====
        www.mariajordano.com

        http://vote.yahoo.com
      • altunar@ibu.edu.tr
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 9, 2004
          Dear Maria,
          These are great web sites. Thank you.
          I am almost done with designing the weeks and the content for the syllabus. I
          appreciate all for providing me insight into designing this course. I will
          send the URL in my next email, unfortunately it will be in Turkish. I will
          make the outline in english as well
          Have a great weekend.
          Arif

          --
        • Maria Jordano
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 9, 2004
            Hi Arif,

            It will be great to have a look at the final work even
            if it is in Turkish...,)

            Mar�a

            =====
            www.mariajordano.com