Re: Academic Writing and EVO [formerly Looking for help...]

  • Dr Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2004
      Replying to both Vance & Renata--
      I suggested Renata join Academic Writing, where
      several Webheads bring their students to use
      materials, and include parts of that message below.
      It's not a course, per se, but has good self-access
      materials.
      However, I LOVE Vance's idea of offering an EVO
      session to get people talking about the subject. Is
      anyone ready to offer it with Renata? (I can't do
      it--too much travel during that time.)
      Here's a link to info on EVO 2005:
      <http://www.geocities.com/ehansonsmi/evo2005/evo2005.html>
      A further description and address of Academic Writing,
      for those interested:

      =====
      I have put "Constructing the Paragraph" into
      Academic Writing YG as self-access, self-study
      material--it has tutorials and self-tests on the
      academic paragraph structure. Constructing is in the
      FILES area.
      Other Webheads have also added materials on building
      the academic essay and research paper. These are
      mostly found in the LINKS area. Buth's materials are
      especially extensive.
      Please join at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Academic_Writing
      We also have a teachers' private e-list, so if you
      don't want your questions or comments on the group
      list, I'll put you on that also.
      Cheers & Welcome aboard!--
      --Elizabeth