Posted on behalf of Andy Pincon

  • vstevens
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2004
      Dear Webheads:

      As many of you may know, US Public Education at grades K-12 is going through
      a great change as a result of the economic downturn, the way public
      education is funded in the US and the impact of the new federal law, No
      Child Left Behind. This Saturday, October 2 from the hours of 9 am thru 3
      pm, ( 14:00 thru 20:00 GMT ) we will be a part of one of the largest public
      education events we hold each year for Chicago students and parents of
      middle school age at the McCormick Center, the Annual Chicago Public High
      School Fair with over 50,000 students, parents, teachers and education
      administrators present. We will be doing hourly webcasts on virtual
      tutoring and mentoring over the Internet via a dial up connection with our
      partner organizations as part of Chicago's solution to bridge the current
      education crisis effecting 383 of Chicago's local public schools failing the
      No Child Left Behind education standards. This program is the first of
      three events we are holding and webcasting jointly with other partner
      organizations during the next two months. Our group of partners will be
      conducting a variety of virtual events over the Internet again in October
      and November. You are welcome to join in anytime during the hours listed
      above and see how the Internet is providing live one-on-one tutoring and
      mentoring to thousands of students in math, science and English. You can
      join in the webcast Saturday at the hours listed above by clicking on this
      link: http://www.alado.net/login Many of the hourly sessions will be
      recorded and archived if you can't make and posted to the www.digibridge.org
      website next week. Hope to see some of you in this weekend's session.

      Best regards

      Andrew Pincon

      Digital Workforce Education Society

      An Illinois SBDC Affiliate