Online writing courses

  • isa
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2004
      I hope you don't mind my sending this along. Dr. Vilmi is doing quite a
      job. IMHO.

      Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:14:15 +0300
      From: Ruth Vilmi <ruth.vilmi@...>
      Subject: Online writing courses

      I'd like to welcome teachers with classes, trainee teachers and individual
      students to join The DiscussIt online international writing courses; they
      run throughout the year in six-week modules or rounds. New rounds will be
      starting again on 27th September. There will be two traditional
      International Writing Exchange(IWE) courses, the Blue IWE for students 16
      yrs old and upwards, at an intermediate level, and the Red IWE for students
      over 18yrs old, at an advanced level. There will also be a Technical Writing
      Exchange (TWE) for students over 18 years old, at an advanced level.

      I hope that some of you will try these courses with your classes. They are
      excellent practice for teacher trainees too. If you are interested in having
      courses arranged for other languages, age groups or levels, please write to
      me off list.

      More information can be found from the course handouts:

      http://www.ruthvilmi.net/hut/Current/iwe.php

      and http://www.ruthvilmi.net/hut/Current/twe.php

      Registration should be done from the appropriate registration form
      http://www.ruthvilmi.net/hut/Current/form.php

      Teachers should register their classes (i.e. only one person registering per
      class!) before Round 36 starts on 27th September.

      Ruth Vilmi, Creator of the DiscussIt forums and courses,

      Ruth.Vilmi@..., www.writeit.to/forums
      Finland

      Please visit the ELTeCS website at
      http://www.britishcouncil.org/english/eltecs/index.htm

      You can find previous ELTeCS-L postings at:
      http://mis.britishcouncil.org/archives/eltecs-l.html

      which is also where you can invite your colleagues who
      are not yet members to join the list!

      End of ELTECS-L Digest - 20 Sep 2004 to 24 Sep 2004 (#2004-64)