Re: [TESLCA-L] EFL for blind students

  • Buthaina
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
      Hi Vance,

      Here is the URL of Chee's, RealTeachers.org, site with his contact
      info:

      http://www.realteachers.org/tutorial/consult.htm

      Vance, you or Mike might also want to contact George Buys, as John
      said. He gave a talk, together with Norm Coombs, and Marisal Miranda
      at the last Mentor/Tutor eConference on the topic: "On-Line
      Mentoring of the Disabled".

      The following is a pasted short description about them that I've
      copied from the Tutur/Mentor eConference schedule page:

      Norm and George are both blind and have extensive credentials and
      experience in overcoming their handicaps and being productive
      examples to others of how technology is a great equalizer for anyone
      motivated enough to move toward self sufficiency.

      Norm Coombs, Lake Forest, CA http://www.rit.edu/~easi/ along with
      Marisol Miranda who is located in Queretaro, Mexico
      http://www.akxes.org.

      You can actually find their webcasted session listed by Andy, on the
      econference webcast archives page, at this URL:

      http://www.alado.net/econference (During this great session they
      showed and talked about many useful online technologies for blind
      people, and other related matters and experiences).

      Also, Daniel F. Bassill, President and Founder of Cabrini
      Connections (http://www.cabriniconnections.net) and the Tutor/Mentor
      Connection (http://www.tutormentorconnection.org and
      http://www.tutormentorexchange.net), might be able to help, as well.

      I am sorry that I don't have their contact info with me, now, as I'm
      still on vacation; however, I can provide them when I return home in
      a week or so.

      I hope this helps,

      Best regards,

      Buth

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, vstevens

      http://bfranklin.edu/gld/ there
      > was at least one blind participant and I believe he or she was
      introduced by
      > Andy Pinchon, http://www.alado.net, who provided the Talking
      Communities
      > chatroom for the GLD event.
      >
      > There is also an ESL teacher named Chee in Houston Texas who has a
      Talking
      > Communities voice chat, and he also has blind participants.
      Unfortunately I