Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Bee's blog workshop

  • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
      Dear Bee,

      Congrats on a great and comprehensive presentation! A very special moment was listening to the two students talk about blogs. Kudos to them (Mariana and Carolina?)!!! It's certainly very important to bring in their perspective, live if possible. If not, recorded (handybits, for example) would be the next best thing. Certainly an idea to bear in mind! I may use it for a presentation on my 5th grade blog at the end of this month.

      Because Martin Luther King, Jr. was mentioned, let me share with you and your students a text I wrote for 9th graders.

      http://www.malhatlantica.pt/teresadeca/school/martin-luther-king.htm

      Both an English and a Portuguese version of your presention are a 'must'. I'd be very happy to help and share the workload.

      Hugs,

      Teresa

    • Barbara Dieu
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
        > Both an English and a Portuguese version of your presention are a 'must'.
        I'd be very happy to help and share the workload.
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Thanks Tere for the encouraging words and the links, which I will share with
        my stds. I also have some documents (literary classes- 12th grade/6A form)
        on racism and related issues at:
        http://the_english_dept.tripod.com/tes.html#racial

        We can do tandem work with Buth on the English presentation on blogs for
        Belnate (let's start communicating in the YG open for this purpose...I
        already have some ideas) and later a Portuguese version.

        Hugs,
        Bee

        Barbara Dieu
        Lycée Pasteur, Sao Paulo, Brazil