Re: Chat_en_español

  • Rita Zeinstejer
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
      Hi, folks,

      Sorry about my missing info: the presentation on "Chat in Language Learning: Authentic Interaction in Real Time" (as translated from Spanish), will be on October 15, at 5.30 pm GMT. The first hour or so I'll devote to the talk, slides, pix, etc, and am planning to connect to YM at about 6.30 pm.

      Thanks, Vance for remembering my proposal and attaching the request from NeteachL. I also received the message and have already written to Paul Knight for further details.

      Thanks, Bee, Maria and Tere ! I will contact you when time gets near.
      All my best,

      Rita

    • CJones
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2004
        Hi, Rita,

        Add me to the list. I think I can be available at that time. My
        Spanish-speaking cabilities could be better, but I should be able to
        explain what I do in my classes.

        Chris Jones

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Rita Zeinstejer"
        <rita@z...> wrote:
        > Hi, folks,
        >
        > Sorry about my missing info: the presentation on "Chat in Language
        Learning: Authentic Interaction in Real Time" (as translated from
        Spanish), will be on October 15, at 5.30 pm GMT. The first hour or so
        I'll devote to the talk, slides, pix, etc, and am planning to connect
        to YM at about 6.30 pm.

        > Thanks, Vance for remembering my proposal and attaching the request
        from NeteachL. I also received the message and have already written to
        Paul Knight for further details.

        > Thanks, Bee, Maria and Tere ! I will contact you when time gets near.
        > All my best,
        >
        > Rita

      • Rita Zeinstejer
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2004
          Dear Vance and all,

          Thanks once again for being on the alert and aware of every member´s needs at all times...You are a ubiquitous friend !

          Regarding the presentation on October 15, it'll be in Spanish, as I was asked to "open all language teachers' eyes on the use of Chat". The Congress will be for Spanish speaking teachers of English, French, Portuguese and Italian, and there will be parallel panels in all 4 languages, whereas my presentation will aim at gathering them all for a topic of common interest. Chat here is still a "much maligned issue", frowned upon by resistent teachers at all levels.
          This is why by the end of my presentation I believe it'll be a good idea to text chat and voice chat, if possible, with some of you saying a few words to the audience. Of course I will also speak about our fab community so that those present can learn that some pipe dreams can at times come true...;-))
          Anyhow, I'll remind those involved closer to the date.

          As to September 18, as I have not received any news, I have put that off for the time being, unless any volunteers turn up in time...?

          Thanks for the links, these findings multiply the time we spend in front of the computer...!!

          And thanks for asking about my family, Vance dear. Yes, Mr Time Healer has done his job....

          A big hug, most gratefully,

          Rita