...and the blog goes on.

  • Robert Brannan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2004
      Would I brag? Yup! The "On the Trail" blog is up and running. It
      still has some kinks in it but it is up and interactive.

      I and a group of associates are blogging a 655 mile, 48 day, trail
      drive re-enactment at www.elderbobonthetrail.blogspot.com. The ride
      will pass through three states and follow one of the better known
      cattle drives of the southwest US called the "Great Western Trail".

      Alreay, word is out to schoolkids, communities, nursing homes and
      hospitals along the route of the re-enactment. Response has been
      good and gets better daily. Press releases went out today, and I
      thought some of you might like to see this:
      http://www.banderabulletin.com/articles/2004/09/01/news/story45.txt

      I invite everyones participation...still to come or audio files from
      folks that remember the old west, from the trail riders themselves
      and from musicians singing the songs of the old west. All this
      accompanied by a great historical narrative and photos of riders and
      wagons from the trail, sent by cell phone directly to the blog.
      There is yet a video in the works and cowboy poetry to be posted.

      It is turning into a terrific educational site and I hope you all can
      find a way to use it in your classes. Please pass it on to anyone
      else that might be interested and think of this as a practice run for
      the TESOL convention in San Antonio in the spring (Bandera, the home
      base for the drive is about 30 miles away from San Antone...and I am
      working to get us a trail dinner during the convention with
      musicians, Texas barbeque and cowboys galore. Whoooooohoooooo)

      Thanks for reading.

      elderbob - the Blog Boss