Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Chat en español

  • Barbara Dieu
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2004
      When is it going to happen?
      Bee

      Barbara Dieu
      Lycée Pasteur, Sao Paulo, Brazil

      From: "Rita Zeinstejer" <rita@...>
      To: "Webheads" <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 9:47 PM
      Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] Chat en español

      > Hi, friends!
      >
      > Times goes by, and though it's still early for a reminder, I'd like to
      invite those who can make it to a presentation I'll give here for a Spanish
      speaking audience made up of language teachers --English, Italian,
      Portuguese, French-- willing (hopefully ;-)) to know how to use Chat for
      language learning. I have translated, amended and enlarged my "Vindicating
      Chat" as the organizers want to have a different, more cosmopolitan
      audience.
      > I have been slotted for an hour and a half, during which I'm planning to
      connect to YM to allow Spanish speaking members of this fabulous community
      to address the audience for just a couple of minutes, if possible. The
      starting time for the presentation is 5.30 pm GMT, so I'll get connected
      about 6.30, once I have "rushed" through slides, chatlogs, screenshots and
      pix for only an hour...
      > Jean Michel, Karen and Maria have already offered their presence, thanks,
      guys!, please check times' suitability. We'll keep in contact.

      > Btw, I've had no matches for my stds' project --the chat with other stds
      on September 18--, I guess it's difficult to find people of similar ages,
      level and interests. Anyway, if there happened to be any volunteer that you
      knew of, please post me a line.

      > Thank you all, my best to all,
      >
      > Rita
    • vstevens
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2004
        This was posted on NeteachL today (in case your project goes to Nov)

        I am a lecturer at the Open University and am currently investigating how
        students work in electronic environments. As part of this investigation I am
        looking for students to complete a task using email. The students will need
        to spend about an hour in total on the task at times of their own choosing
        spread over a week or two. I am hoping to set up the study for November of
        this year, but I am also able to conduct it in January 2005 if necessary.

        The students need to be adults/late teens studying English and at
        approximately FCE/IELTS 5.5/TOEFL 550 standard. If you feel your students
        might be interested in taking part in this study, or feel it might be a
        useful activity for you to direct them to do, please contact me and I will
        provide you with further information.

        Thanks very much.

        Paul Knight
        Lecturer
        Centre for Language & Communications
        The Open University
        Walton Hall
        Milton Keynes
        MK7 6AA
        United Kingdom
        Tel: 01908 655612
        Email: P.T.Knight@... <mailto:P.T.Knight@...>

        > Btw, I've had no matches for my stds' project --the chat with other stds
        on September 18--, I guess it's difficult to find people of similar ages,
        level and interests. Anyway, if there happened to be any volunteer that you
        knew of, please post me a line.

        > Thank you all, my best to all,
        >
        > Rita
      • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
          Dear Rita,

          The time seems convenient, but what date?!

          Hope to be there with you!

          Hugs,

          Teresa