Students' Web-Projects, Using Asynchronous ICTs

  • Buthaina
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2004
      Hello Webheads,

      For the fourth consecutive time, I found that using asynchronous ICT
      tools; such as, yahoo groups, blogs, SMS, MS sound recorder, and for
      the first time, photoblogs, for my ESP, English for Science class,
      was so effective and useful, during my Summer 2004 class, which
      ended earlier this month.

      With the aid of these tools, most of my students have successfully
      completed many of their required writing assignments and final
      projects, included in a 6-week blended course with a syllabus based
      on required skills, a textbook, and other material.

      Please take a look at the portal page of my EfS 162 Online
      Extension, Summer 2004, at this URL:

      http://alothman-b.tripod.com/162_summer2004.htm

      The following are direct links to my students web-projects and other
      work:

      Students' blogs:

      http://alothman-b.tripod.com/162_summer04blogs.htm

      Students' photoblogs:

      http://alothman-b.tripod.com/162_summer04_thematicblogs.htm

      A Student-created vocabulary quiz, using Email & SMS:

      http://alothman-b.tripod.com/162_s04students_vocabquiz.htm

      Finally, I'd like you to take a look at my students' feedback on
      using some ICT tools, and on the online extension, in general, at
      this URL:

      http://alothman-b.tripod.com/162_summer04_feedbackblogs.htm

      Comments and feedback are greatly appreciative.

      Best regards,

      Buth
    • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
        Dear Buth,

        I'm finally back on track after a 10-day sunny holiday away from it all in the south of Portugal. I was able to recharge batteries and am now in the process of going through close to 200 messages.

        I have gone through your various Summer 2004 course pages and would like to congratulate you and your nice group of students on a great job! I enjoyed the blogs, photo blogs and the vocab quiz they created.

        Finally, Buth, I'm sure you were very pleasantly surprised with the wonderful and well-deserved feedback. I really enjoyed reading those sweet and gratifying messages. Way to go, everyone!

        Hugs,

        Teresa

        Hello Webheads,

        For the fourth consecutive time, I found that using asynchronous ICT
        tools; such as, yahoo groups, blogs, SMS, MS sound recorder, and for
        the first time, photoblogs, for my ESP, English for Science class,
        was so effective and useful, during my Summer 2004 class, which
        ended earlier this month.

        . . .