Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Request for English for Science

  • Barbara Dieu
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 5, 2004
      Hello Salem,
      There is a nice project which contains a series of collaborative work units
      on science. It is called Science Across the World. You may want to check it
      out.
      http://www.scienceacross.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=content.showhomepage

      Another useful site with plenty of good content and ideas is:
      http://exchanges.state.gov/forum/journal/llsintro.htm
      Warm regards from Brazil,
      Bee

      Barbara Dieu
      Lycée Pasteur, Sao Paulo, Brazil
    • salem mudallel
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 5, 2004
        Hellol Barbara
        Thank you very much for your help. I'll check it.
        Regards
        Salem

        Barbara Dieu <bwjdieu@...> wrote:
        Hello Salem,
        There is a nice project which contains a series of collaborative work units
        on science. It is called Science Across the World. You may want to check it
        out.
        http://www.scienceacross.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=content.showhomepage

        Another useful site with plenty of good content and ideas is:
        http://exchanges.state.gov/forum/journal/llsintro.htm
        Warm regards from Brazil,
        Bee

        Barbara Dieu
        Lyc�e Pasteur, Sao Paulo, Brazil

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • isa
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 5, 2004
          The ENC web site and newsletter has vast resources and links and
          contains many science and math articles you can use. I also sent along
          the URL for Science Digest which is a web site with the latest research
          and news and articles for all the sciences.

          salem mudallel wrote:

          >Hellol Barbara
          >
          > http://www.sciencedaily.com/
        • isa
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 5, 2004
            > http://www.sciencedaily.com/encyclopedia/physics

            articles about physics, basic definitions and overview articles and
            history, subfields, theories, concepts etc.

          • isa
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 5, 2004
              > http://www.sciencedaily.com/encyclopedia/biology

              everything from micro- to xeno-biology, anatomy to zoology

            • last Nomade
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 6, 2004
                Dear Dr Salem

                Have you tried project based teaching with your classes ? I guess it will work well.
                My best regards
                Mokhtar OUNIS
                Tunisia

              • salem mudallel
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 6, 2004
                  Hello Ounis
                  thanks for your suggestion
                  Best regards
                  Dr. Salem

                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 6, 2004
                      Hi,

                      Here you are some more links. It is not too much, but
                      I hope It could help you more...

                      Maria

                      =====

                      Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
                      Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
                      14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

                      TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

                      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                    • Maria Jordano
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 7, 2004
                        Sorry,this was the URL I wanted to show...

                        http://www.mariajordano.com/esp/esp.htm

                        Maria

                        =====

                        Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
                        Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
                        14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

                        TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

                        http://messenger.yahoo.com
                      • Buthaina
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 15, 2004
                          Hi Isa and All,

                          I did a google search to find more information about the textbook
                          indictaed in your previous message, below, and I've found an
                          interesting page, from the search result, with a speech on
                          Technology Enhanced Learning, (TEL) by Peter Watson that was given
                          at Kuwait University,in 1998!!

                          Please take a look at Watson's talk, using this URL:
                          <http://www.physics.carleton.ca/~watson/Kuwait/TEL%
                          20strategies/Kuwait_talk.html>

                          Buth

                          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, isa <786isa@o...>