Making money

  • Batnasan Davaa
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 5, 2004
      Hello all webheads.

      I intorduse following url. mayabe it is more chanse.

      http://www.cashfiesta.com/php/join.php?ref=baagiibat

      Please see this url.

    • salem mudallel
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 5, 2004
        Hi Dr Elizabeth
        Thanks for your help. I need a text of one or two pages about each field of science. If the texts are provided with some exercises on comprehension, vocabulary, grammar and so on, that will be better. If not, I'll try to do the exercises, myself. The student's English background is something like the pre-intermediate level. The purpose is to help students in learning something about the language of sciecne and to make them familiar with the most important terms in the scientific fields.
        I appreciate your help
        Regards
        Salem

        Dr Elizabeth Hanson-Smith <ehansonsmi@...> wrote:
        Salem--
        I think we'd need more information on what kinds of
        materials/exercises you want.
        In the meantime, you might look at the Academic
        Writing group I set up which has a set of exercises on
        writing the English academic paragraph. Also, Buthaina
        Al Othman has collected many good resources at this
        site for her English for Science students at the
        University of Kuwait. You might want to look at her
        syllabus and the activities she has required of them,
        as well as the other resources at the site. These
        documents are all at:
        --Elizabeth

        > Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 05:00:56 -0700 (PDT)
        > From: salem mudallel <smudallel@...>
        > Subject: Help
        >
        > Hi everyone
        >
        > Thanks to colleagues for the effort they make to
        > help each other improve our teaching skill. I have a
        > question. I don't know whom to ask. In fact, it's
        > not a question. It's a request. I'd like someone to
        > help me preparing materials for my students at the
        > Faculty of Science. Their level of English is almost
        > pre-intermediate. They have studied English for six
        > years (4hours a week). They will take English at the
        > Faculty for two semesters (2 hours a week). The
        > purpose of the course is to help students getting
        > some background on how to read and write as well as
        > to listen and speak English of their field. I know
        > there are many textbooks available in the market
        > that deal with English for sciences. I tried many
        > but I couldn't find the appropriate one. I'd like
        > your help to provide me with texts of one or two
        > pages on each of the scientific field such as:
        > chemistery, physics, mathematics, statistics,
        > computer and so on. I'll try to make the exercises
        > on each passage.
        > I'll be very grateful to you
        > Yours
        > Salem

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Barbara Dieu
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 5, 2004
          Hello Salem,
          There is a nice project which contains a series of collaborative work units
          on science. It is called Science Across the World. You may want to check it
          out.
          http://www.scienceacross.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=content.showhomepage

          Another useful site with plenty of good content and ideas is:
          http://exchanges.state.gov/forum/journal/llsintro.htm
          Warm regards from Brazil,
          Bee

          Barbara Dieu
          Lycée Pasteur, Sao Paulo, Brazil
        • salem mudallel
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 5, 2004
            Hellol Barbara
            Thank you very much for your help. I'll check it.
            Regards
            Salem

            Barbara Dieu <bwjdieu@...> wrote:
            Hello Salem,
            There is a nice project which contains a series of collaborative work units
            on science. It is called Science Across the World. You may want to check it
            out.
            http://www.scienceacross.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=content.showhomepage

            Another useful site with plenty of good content and ideas is:
            http://exchanges.state.gov/forum/journal/llsintro.htm
            Warm regards from Brazil,
            Bee

            Barbara Dieu
            Lyc�e Pasteur, Sao Paulo, Brazil

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • isa
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 5, 2004
              The ENC web site and newsletter has vast resources and links and
              contains many science and math articles you can use. I also sent along
              the URL for Science Digest which is a web site with the latest research
              and news and articles for all the sciences.

              salem mudallel wrote:

              >Hellol Barbara
              >
              > http://www.sciencedaily.com/
            • isa
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 5, 2004
                > http://www.sciencedaily.com/encyclopedia/physics

                articles about physics, basic definitions and overview articles and
                history, subfields, theories, concepts etc.

              • isa
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 5, 2004
                  > http://www.sciencedaily.com/encyclopedia/biology

                  everything from micro- to xeno-biology, anatomy to zoology

                • last Nomade
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 6, 2004
                    Dear Dr Salem

                    Have you tried project based teaching with your classes ? I guess it will work well.
                    My best regards
                    Mokhtar OUNIS
                    Tunisia

                  • salem mudallel
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 6, 2004
                      Hello Ounis
                      thanks for your suggestion
                      Best regards
                      Dr. Salem

                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 6, 2004
                          Hi,

                          Here you are some more links. It is not too much, but
                          I hope It could help you more...

                          Maria

                          =====

                          Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
                          Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
                          14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

                          TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

                          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                        • Maria Jordano
                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 7, 2004
                            Sorry,this was the URL I wanted to show...

                            http://www.mariajordano.com/esp/esp.htm

                            Maria

                            =====

                            Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
                            Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
                            14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

                            TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

                            http://messenger.yahoo.com
                          • Buthaina
                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 15, 2004
                              Hi Isa and All,

                              I did a google search to find more information about the textbook
                              indictaed in your previous message, below, and I've found an
                              interesting page, from the search result, with a speech on
                              Technology Enhanced Learning, (TEL) by Peter Watson that was given
                              at Kuwait University,in 1998!!

                              Please take a look at Watson's talk, using this URL:
                              <http://www.physics.carleton.ca/~watson/Kuwait/TEL%
                              20strategies/Kuwait_talk.html>

                              Buth

                              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, isa <786isa@o...>