Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re:March TESOL 04 Blended Learning presentation online

  • Arif Altun
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 2004
      Dear Arlyn,
      I have listened and watched your slides with no problem here. I have T1
      connection and it is a smooth transition between slides and audio
      recordings. I remember doing a preloading for images when designing web
      sites. THere should be some codes that could be used to load the audio
      files to the computer cache so that they open faster. Does anybody use
      and test such coding for audio?
      Arif
    • Arlyn Freed
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2004
        Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 12:56:36 +0300
        From: Arif Altun <altunar@...>
        Dear Arif,
        I think you've hit the nail on the head. The audio
        (using the autoplay command) begins to play before the
        audio has loaded into the cache thus causing a hiccup
        to occur. Is there a delay play command to allow for
        extra time to load the cache or some other commmand I
        can use?
        Thanks for your time,
        Arlyn

        Subject: Re: Re:March TESOL 04 Blended Learning
        presentation online

        Dear Arlyn,
        I have listened and watched your slides with no
        problem here. I have T1
        connection and it is a smooth transition between
        slides and audio
        recordings. I remember doing a preloading for images
        when designing web
        sites. THere should be some codes that could be used
        to load the audio
        files to the computer cache so that they open faster.
        Does anybody use
        and test such coding for audio?
        Arif

        =====
        http://www.eslhome.com

        "What's past is prologue."
        -- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Buthaina
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2004
          Hi Arlyn,

          Congrats! The presentation is great. You have done a fabulous work.

          I've managed to view all of the sldies and listened to your comments
          clearly, using my DSL from home. Minor glitches occured in a couple
          of slides, however.

          Slide # 18 was a little slower to download than the others. Slide #
          20 had a pause period of few seconds in the final part of your
          comment. The rest of the sldies were viewed and heard clearly, here.

          Actually, I tried to check the presentation at work where we use a
          LAN server, but couldn't wait until slide # 4, as the dowonload was
          so slow. The sound was clear, though.

          Buth

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Arlyn Freed