Venny's blog in Canberra, Australia

  • Venny Sou
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2004
      Dear WebHeads:

      I'm sorry I've posted this mail to efiwebheads and send it again to here as I'm just wondering where webheads are.

      I miss all of you so much! You won't believe that I can't log in TappedIN, MOO or yahoo/msn messengers here in University of Canberra.
      They give students accounts very limited access. The only Internet Cafe I can find here not near of my Homestay provides lots of online games
      but not yahoo/MSN messengers, and its price is US$4 dollar/hour!!!!

      That why I just can't join any of your sessions and meet anyone of you.
      But I do really hope to introduce Webheads to the faculties and my classmates here.
      My classmates are all ESL teachers from technical universities or colleges from Taiwan.
      The is a teacher professional growth program run by University of Canberra for su.
      I've put some of the course in my Moodle system (http://moodle.ntjcpa.edu.tw)
      The course name is: Taiwanese Tertiary Teachers of English: Professional Development Program

      Another thing I want tos share with you is my journal in Canberra.
      First, I jsut want to use blog as a correspondance between me and my family.
      Now I invite to join if you're interested. Take a look at: http://blog.ntjcpa.edu.tw/wonderland/
      Don't forget to give me your comments!

      I'll stay in this cold and quiety Canberra for another 3 weeks.
      Is it possible to make a presentation how we Webhead colaboratively learning and
      helping each together onloine to faculties/ my ESL calssmaets here? I hope it's around the last week
      on August 18 ~ 19 in the morning here (Canberra should be at +10 GMT???)

      I miss my family, especiall my two daughters, and my dear friends, especially webheads.

      Regards,

      It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
      what is essential is invisible to the eye.
      -- from The Little Prince
      Su, Cheng-chao
      http://venny.myweb.hinet.net/
      http://TaiMOO.ntjcpa.edu.tw:7000/
    • Michael Coghlan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2004
        Venny - so you are in Australia??? I had no idea you were coming here! I'm
        sad to read that you are feeling a bit lonely and cold in Canberra.
        Canberra is indeed one of Australia's coldest places and it can be very
        difficult to find its soul because it is an artificial city built for
        government purposes. And yes Internet cafes in Australia are expensive I'm
        afraid.

        As you may know I've been away for three weeks and have just arrived back
        in Australia. Otherwise I may have been tempted to come to Canberra and see
        you. Are you are able to come to Adelaide before you leave maybe? How long
        till you return home?

        I can join you on the morning of August 18 or 19th for a presentation to
        your classmates. If you tell me which day I can put it in my diary.

        Venny - if you feel like ringing me sometime my home phone is (08)
        82684148. Mobile: 0417 899 912. It's not as good as meeting you but it
        would be good to talk. Do you have a telephone number I can ring?

        - Michael.