RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Audio recording equipment

  • Elderbob.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 24, 2004
      One I like to use a lot is www.transom.org. These folks are in the serious
      recording business. This is an outgrowth of NPR so you can imagine the
      manner in which they view the importance of good accurate recording. The
      truth is, that there are lots of ways to record things. Some are costly and
      some not so costly. In this digital age, it is easier than ever to
      digitally record and then enhance and edit your product. I record
      teleconferences that I conduct and find that I often have to alter the
      quality of the sound. It has more to do with the technology involved being
      dissimilar than it does with the recording device.

      If you have some bucks, I would definitely go for the Sony DATS and a really
      good editing program. If you don't have access to a lot of money, get any
      digital recorder whose project can be downloaded to your hard drive and a
      really good editing software.

      Another factor in what you finally decide on, may have to do with what you
      are going to do with the final product. Are you going to stream it, is it
      going on a disc, is it something you will listen to in class....The final
      product may have a lot to do with the requirements of the original
      equipment.

      SO much to find out, and so little time to do it in.

      ebob

      PS>I have for sometime now, been an enthusiastic fan of houseconcerts -
      these are usually acoustic performances in someone's living room. The host
      collects donations for the performer and the performer gets it all. I am
      increasing seeing the performer and host working together with small DAT or
      disc digital recorders to record the concert on CD. Then not only do you
      get to see a live performance up close and personal, but you also get to
      take home a very special and private taping of the performance. I don't
      even want to think about the copy right laws or performance contracts, but
      this has become an incredible marketing tool for both the artists and for
      the house concert concept. The quality of the recording is not quite studio
      level, but the emotional content of the recording makes you not notice it.

      _____

      From: paul <paul@...>
      Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 10:20:15 +0700
      To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com

      Hi Everyone

      I want to make good quality audio recordings. Are there any web sites that
      you can point me too. All I find are commercial sites.

      Thanks

      Paul

      extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please
      delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply -
      Thanks!!

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1291uup9m/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr