Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Diaries as introspective research tools: From Ashton-Warner to Blogs

  • Susanne Nyrop
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2004
      Dear Renata,

      Congratulations with your insightful and inspiring article abut blogs - this will be a great help for further experiments in the art of blogging! I appreciate the aesthetic way you have managed to set it us as an internet page, not just something in print that has been copied to the online environment! (Perhaps we see the helpful touch of Vance here?)

      If you did not read it already, be sure to bookmark it at

      http://www.kyoto-su.ac.jp/information/tesl-ej/ej29/int.html

      hugs, Sus

    • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 7, 2004
        Dear Renata,

        Congrats on a great article! It's a very interesting perspective, very insightful, and a pleasure to read. I've included it in the WiA Index and in my OLE page, which I will try to upload tomorrow after adding a couple of other things.

        BTW, I've been writing about the experience with my two teacher-student blogs for a few weeks now - whenever I have time and feel like it - and I think I will look into Dörnyei's motivation checklist to make some added and hopefully useful comments.

        I did several searches for S. Ashton-Warner's book, Teachers, but wasn't lucky. Do you know how I can get hold of it / where I can order it?

        Best,

        Teresa

      • Susanne Nyrop
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2004
          Dear Renata,

          let me quickly second Teresa, this is indeed an inspiration to read your article more in detail. LIke Tere, I was looking for her book and found it in a paperback version at Amazon for ten US dollars - the Amazon bookshop has the amazing Look Inside feature that help you get a better overview of a new book, nearly as if you did have it in your hand already :-)

          http://tinyurl.com/2qsat

        • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 8, 2004
            Dear Sus,

            How very weird that the book showed up in your search. Amazon was my first choice both in the States and in the UK!!! I used Author and Title. >puzzled>

            Thanks for the info. I'll certainly order it.

            Hugs,

            Teresa
            http://tinyurl.com/2qsat