Re: Foreign fonts

  • Ismail
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2004
      Thanks Susanne,

      I am not really sure of that, but I think installing the Asian
      languages package, which is usually a part of the windows operating
      system may solve this problem. I had some troubles using English as
      the default operating system here in KSA as the Arabic version is
      mainly the installed version in most machines I used in the
      univesity here. I sometimes can't type in Arabic because of the same
      problem again where I see the typed Arabic characters as latin ones
      instead. In third cases, I have to use the right click/ encoding
      option to choose Arabic for reading them..

      But installing Arabic or Asian to your browser will solve this
      problem I guess... :o

      Ismail.

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Susanne Nyrop"
      <s.nyrop@g...> wrote:
      > Dear Ismail,
      >
      > I suppose one needs to have Arabian font installed to read the
      last part of
      > your message. I've got Chinese font installed, and sometimes I get
      messages
      > from Venny or yaodong where I can see that the Chinese characters
      are typed
      > (although it is far too complex for me to read anything). But the
      local
      > "touch " in your greeting is neat...
    • Susanne Nyrop