daf, i'm almost on my way!!! :-)

  • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2004
      Dear Webheads,

      I'm packing to fly to Valencia tomorrow to finally meet Daf f2f. I can't wait! She'll be meeting me at the airport. Yeeesss! :-)

      It'll be another great Webhead get-together: Dafne, Maria, Arnold and me! Wow!

      We'll try to get in touch with you guys on Friday after Daf's success. I'll be AFK these days - really need the rest -, but will go over to Daf's place or to a cybercafe to let you all know of another great and special WiA success!

      Talk to you from Valencia, Spain!

      Hugs,

      Teresa

    • cbauer-ramazani@smcvt.edu
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2004
        Best wishes for the defense, Dafne, and a happy f2f reunion with Teresa-it's
        exciting that you two will finally meet. You've done so much work together
        and many of us had the privilege of meeting each one of you, so it's time
        you can finally see each other.

        Christine

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 2, 2004
          Hi Daf,

          I wish you the best too, Daf, though I will be there
          trying to give you support with Tere and Arnold!

          In two hours I will take my train to Valencia... I am
          so excited!!

          I am sure everything will be fantastic, Daf!!! :)

          Mar�a

          =====

          Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
          Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
          14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

          TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

          http://messenger.yahoo.com/
        • vstevens
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 3, 2004
            It is exciting. Can't we have a virtual meeting online somewhere to raise a
            glass in cheer? After all, Jean Michel is having us all around for a
            virtual toast at 23:00 GMT June 15 when the Ambassador of France will come
            to Bucaramanga and give JM the french decoration "Palmes Académiques". It
            seems that someone in Valencia could fire up a computer and allow us to
            congratulate the successful candidate online and in person. I wonder how
            the committee would react to the idea of having a computer with web cam and
            voice hookup right there at the defense? Seems appropriate to me ...

            > I'm packing to fly to Valencia tomorrow to finally meet Daf f2f. I can't
            wait! She'll be meeting me at the airport. Yeeesss! :-)

            > It'll be another great Webhead get-together: Dafne, Maria, Arnold and me!
            Wow!

            > We'll try to get in touch with you guys on Friday after Daf's success.
            I'll be AFK these days - really need the rest -, but will go over to Daf's
            place or to a cybercafe to let you all know of another great and special WiA
            success!

            > Talk to you from Valencia, Spain!
            >
            > Hugs,
            >
            > Teresa

            > For more information:

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • bwjdieu
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 3, 2004
              If it is not possible to view the defense...we could organize a get together afterwards in the Learning Times room - where we could project things and write all sorts of nonsense on the whiteboard :-)
              play some music...drink champagne...dance

              I love a party!
              Good luck again Daf...
              Warmest regards from Brazil,
              Bee
            • CJones
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 3, 2004
                Hi, Daf, and all,

                I also would like to extend my best wishes to Dafne. I'm sure she'll
                amaze her panel with what she has learned!

                Chris Jones
              • Buthaina Al Othman
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 3, 2004
                  Dear Daf and Tere,

                  I'm also so excited about your first f2f. I'm sure it's going to be
                  a thrilling moment and a "Wow Event"!

                  To you Daf, I wish you the best of luck and I'm sure you are going
                  to do a great job, on Friday.

                  I agree with Vance on that the idea of having a computer with web
                  cam and voice at the defense seems appropriate; hope the committee
                  permits it.

                  Best wishes & Good luck, :-)

                  Buth

                  Teresa Almeida d'Eça wrote:

                  > Dear Webheads,
                  >
                  > I'm packing to fly to Valencia tomorrow to finally meet Daf f2f. I
                  can't wait! She'll be meeting me at the airport. Yeeesss! :-)

                  > It'll be another great Webhead get-together: Dafne, Maria, Arnold
                  and me! Wow!

                  > We'll try to get in touch with you guys on Friday after Daf's
                  success. I'll be AFK these days - really need the rest -, but will
                  go over to Daf's place or to a cybercafe to let you all know of
                  another great and special WiA success!

                  > Talk to you from Valencia, Spain!
                  >
                  > Hugs,
                  >
                  > Teresa

                • Agata Zieba-Warcholak
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 3, 2004
                    Daf, good luck! I wish we could be there online and listen to your defence!

                    I didn't know Tere and Daf have never met f2f so far. I can imagine how excited you are!

                    I'll be waiting with a bottle of champagne at abouy 12 GMT tomorrow!

                    Agata

                  • Fernanda Rodrigues
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 3, 2004
                      Good luck to you, Daf!
                      And for Teresa, Maria and Arnold, have fun and celebrate for all of us!
                      Hugs

                      Fernanda

                      On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 22:43:22 +0100
                      Teresa Almeida d'Eça <tmvaz@...> wrote:

                      > Dear Webheads,
                      >
                      > I'm packing to fly to Valencia tomorrow to finally meet Daf f2f. I can't wait! She'll be meeting me at the airport. Yeeesss! :-)
                      >
                      > It'll be another great Webhead get-together: Dafne, Maria, Arnold and me! Wow!
                      >
                      > We'll try to get in touch with you guys on Friday after Daf's success. I'll be AFK these days - really need the rest -, but will go over to Daf's place or to a cybercafe to let you all know of another great and special WiA success!
                      >
                      > Talk to you from Valencia, Spain!
                      >
                      > Hugs,
                      >
                      > Teresa

                      > For more information:
                      >
                      > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!
                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      Fernanda Rodrigues
                      Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
                      Setúbal
                      http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp
                    • Susanne Nyrop

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 5, 2004
                          I'm not sure I will be on-line on Sunday to say congrats to Dr. Dafne, so I
                          am saying it now. Bravo!!! No one has worked harder nor deserved it more.
                          It is a pleasure to in the company of someone so proficient at what she
                          does. Best of wishes to you in all future endeavors and I hope I will be
                          there to cheer you on for many, many more.

                          elderbob

                          PS. And not to demean Dafne's accomplishments, Kudos to all of you for
                          being one of the finest support groups that I have ever met. Many more of
                          you will succeed at your individual quest because you have such fine support
                          backing your efforts. Hats off to the Webheads everywhere and Thanks to
                          Dafne for being one of the great leaders of the group.

                          _____

                          > I'm packing to fly to Valencia tomorrow to finally meet Daf f2f. I can't
                          wait! She'll be meeting me at the airport. Yeeesss! :-)

                          > It'll be another great Webhead get-together: Dafne, Maria, Arnold and me!
                          Wow!

                          > We'll try to get in touch with you guys on Friday after Daf's success.
                          I'll be AFK these days - really need the rest -, but will go over to Daf's
                          place or to a cybercafe to let you all know of another great and special WiA
                          success!

                          > Talk to you from Valencia, Spain!
                          >
                          > Hugs,
                          >
                          > Teresa

                          > For more information:

                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129o0vudf/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups
                          /S=1705080709:HM/EXP=1086357340/A=2164338/R=0/SIG=11ed4vqbv/*http://www.netf
                          lix.com/Default?mqso=60183349> click here

                          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=
                          :HM/A=2164338/rand=450915850>

                          _____

                          Yahoo! Groups Links