APPI 2004

  • Claire Bradin Siskin
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2004
      Dear Webheads,

      I'm now back in the States, having attended the APPI conference
      in Portugal. I had an absolutely marvelous time! Teresa and her
      husband João were wonderful hosts while I was there.

      One of the highlights was Teresa's Webheads session.
      Although there were some glitches with the audio, the overall
      effect was still quite positive. Text chat from the various
      participants was going on the whole time, and I could see that
      just the text chat alone from Webheads from so many countries
      made quite an impression on the audience.. Another highlight
      was getting to meet João Fernandes ("johnnybeja") in person,
      and I even convinced him to give me a kiss! :-) I also took
      photos, and eventually I'll post them online.

      Yes, Portugal has undergone tremendous changes in the past
      few decades, but the warm hospitality and friendliness of the
      Portuguese people has remained the same. May it always be
      so!

      Best, Claire
    • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2004
        Dear Clarinha,

        Thanks for such a wonderful report and your very nice opening words about Joao and me. The highlight for us at APPI this year was having you with us. It was a great pleasure for both of us, and I'm very glad that we were able to make you feel as well as you made me feel when I stayed with you and Marc in Pittsburgh.

        I have told the Webheads that both your presentations were great and very useful sessions for the audience. Your enthusiasm and liveliness as a presenter are contagious. We could see that everybody was hooked on your content. Joao even forgot to take photos - only at the beginning!

        Hugs (Beijinhos),

        Teresa

      • João Fernandes
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2004
          Hello again...

          Here goes 100000000 kisses for you.....hehhehehheh
          Nice to see you online....
          check the link on the conference..http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt/18th_appi_conference.htm

          Beijinhos e Abraços.... (Kisses and Hugs)
          João Fernandes

          Claire Bradin Siskin <cbsiskin@...> wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
          var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129np1chf/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705080709:HM/EXP=1083682284/A=1874382/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/302_v1_nws_lrec_01.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129np1chf/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705080709:HM/EXP=1083682284/A=1874382/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/302_v1_nws_lrec_01.gif";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

          / João Fernandes/

          http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt
          http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt