Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Saving a streaming audio speech as a file

  • Fernanda Rodrigues
    Message 1 of 16 , May 3 7:01 AM
      Hi
      Have you tried rightclicking on the link and "save target as"?

      Fernanda

      On Mon, 03 May 2004 11:52:00 -0000
      "MichaelIvy" <michaelivy@...> wrote:

      > Dear all,
      >
      > With my students, I use the news on the BBC World Service for regular
      > listening practice. I connect my PC to the Net, point my browser to
      > the BBC and click on Listen. I then connect a small tape recorder:
      > headphone output of PC to ext. mike input on tape recorder.
      >
      > This gives reasonable results; but I wonder it it is possible somehow
      > to save streaming audio to disk. I have heard somewhere that it can
      > be done.
      >
      > All advice most gratefully received.
      >
      > Yours,
      >
      > Michael Ivy in Rome
      >
      > See our students' Web site, the MetroZine, at:
      > http://www.britishcouncil.it/students.htm
      >

      > For more information:
      >
      > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Fernanda Rodrigues
      Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
      Setúbal
      http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp
    • Michael Ivy

        Message 3 of 16 , May 4 10:58 AM
          Maria,
          Have you figured out a way to use Audacity to save
          streaming audio from the web (while it is streaming
          you would be recording it with Audacity at the same
          time)? I'm looking for this type of solution as I do
          not have a CD burner (yet)... [my wish list is so long
          my arms can't hold it anymore!!!] I have Audacity but
          was unable to find a way to do this.
          Thanks,
          Arlyn

          Message: 12
          Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 06:26:41 -0700 (PDT)
          From: Maria Jordano <maria_jordano@...>
          Subject: Re: Saving a streaming audio speech as a
          file

          Hi all,

          I don't know if this one would be of help....
          http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ , but that is the one
          I use for creating listenings for my Lab and it works
          fine.

          =====
          http://www.eslhome.com

          "What's past is prologue."
          -- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

        • Maria Jordano
          Message 4 of 16 , May 4 1:59 PM
            Hi Arlyn,

            Sorry. I think I told I was not sure... I hadn't tried
            it yet... But I suggested in the case you would like
            to try...

            If I find anything I will let you know,

            Mar�a

            =====

            Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
            Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
            14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

            TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

          • João Fernandes
            Message 5 of 16 , May 5 8:31 AM
              Hello....
              Nice site ....do you know of any other sites on audio ??? Please do send them....my 2nd term activities are on audio, video and photos....if you have any useful sites on the issues I will be grateful..THANKS

              Take CAre,
              João FErnandes

              Maria Jordano <maria_jordano@...> wrote:
              Hi all,

              I don't know if this one would be of help....
              http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ , but that is the one
              I use for creating listenings for my Lab and it works
              fine.

              I think this could also help you:

              http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

              Kind regards,

              María

              =====

              María Jordano de la Torre
              Avda. Menéndez Pidal, s/n
              14071 Córdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

              TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              / João Fernandes/

              http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt
              http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt

            • Maria Jordano
              Message 6 of 16 , May 5 9:11 AM
                Hi Joao!

                Here you are some of them...

                http://www.mariajordano.com/multimedia_tools/multimedia.htm

                Kind regards,

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 5 9:41 AM
                    I did a search on "capturing streamed audio" and found this downloadable MP3
                    Sound Recorder Software at http://www.tongsoft.com/
                    <http://www.tongsoft.com/> . I have not used this, but here is what it
                    does-

                    What can I do with this MP3 Sound Recorder software ?

                    <http://www.tongsoft.com/sound-recorder-vinyl-to-cd.htm> Transfer LP, tape,
                    vinyl album to CD easy and fast
                    .Record streaming audio from internet.
                    . Record sound generated by other programs, such as Power DVD ,RealPlayer,
                    WinAmp ,Windows Media Player,etc.
                    . Record music from games.
                    . Record music from movies played by VCR or DVD player.
                    . Record music from tape player.
                    . Record sound from microphone.

                    Christine
                    Christine Bauer-Ramazani
                    School of International Studies phone: 802-654-2642
                    Saint Michael's College fax: 802-654-2595
                    One Winooski Park
                    Colchester, VT 05439-0253

                    web site: http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/
                    <http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/>
                    online CALL course:
                    http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/demo/CALL_Online_de
                    mo.htm

                    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ <http://audacity.sourceforge.net/> , but
                    that is the one
                    I use for creating listenings for my Lab and it works
                    fine.

                    I think this could also help you:

                    http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/ <http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/>

                    Kind regards,

                    María

                    =====

                    María Jordano de la Torre
                    Avda. Menéndez Pidal, s/n
                    14071 Córdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

                    TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

                    <http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover>

                    <http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm>

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    / João Fernandes/

                    http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt <http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt>
                    http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt <http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt>

                    <http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm>

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129s64l9g/M=295196.4901138.6052515.3001176/D=groups
                    /S=1705080709:HM/EXP=1083857531/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http:/companion
                    .yahoo.com> click here

                    <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=295196.4901138.6052515.3001176/D=groups/S=
                    :HM/A=2128215/rand=218759220>

                    _____

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    e>

                  • Elderbob.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 5 9:52 AM
                      Check out www.transom.org
                      Not only a great site about audio and interviewing, but it also has a great
                      archive.
                      Right now, it is headlining a marvelous Flash Animation with a great
                      dialogue. Absolutely worth checking out.

                      elderbob

                      _____

[...]

                      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                    • Barbara Dieu
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 5 2:42 PM
                        Wonderful site elderbob...thanks a million...filing it in my favourites
                        right away
                        Warm regards from Brazil,
                        Bee

                        Barbara Dieu
                        Lycée Pasteur, Sao Paulo, Brazil

                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx