Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Saving a streaming audio speech as a file

  • Maria Jordano
    Message 1 of 16 , May 3, 2004
      Hi all,

      I don't know if this one would be of help....
      http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ , but that is the one
      I use for creating listenings for my Lab and it works
      fine.

      I think this could also help you:

      http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

      Kind regards,

      Mar�a

      =====

      Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
      Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
      14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

      TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

    • Fernanda Rodrigues
      Message 2 of 16 , May 3, 2004
        Hi
        Have you tried rightclicking on the link and "save target as"?

        Fernanda

        On Mon, 03 May 2004 11:52:00 -0000
        "MichaelIvy" <michaelivy@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > With my students, I use the news on the BBC World Service for regular
        > listening practice. I connect my PC to the Net, point my browser to
        > the BBC and click on Listen. I then connect a small tape recorder:
        > headphone output of PC to ext. mike input on tape recorder.
        >
        > This gives reasonable results; but I wonder it it is possible somehow
        > to save streaming audio to disk. I have heard somewhere that it can
        > be done.
        >
        > All advice most gratefully received.
        >
        > Yours,
        >
        > Michael Ivy in Rome
        >
        > See our students' Web site, the MetroZine, at:
        > http://www.britishcouncil.it/students.htm
        >

        > For more information:
        >
        > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Fernanda Rodrigues
        Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
        Setúbal
        http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp
      • Michael Ivy

          Message 4 of 16 , May 4, 2004
            Maria,
            Have you figured out a way to use Audacity to save
            streaming audio from the web (while it is streaming
            you would be recording it with Audacity at the same
            time)? I'm looking for this type of solution as I do
            not have a CD burner (yet)... [my wish list is so long
            my arms can't hold it anymore!!!] I have Audacity but
            was unable to find a way to do this.
            Thanks,
            Arlyn

            Message: 12
            Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 06:26:41 -0700 (PDT)
            From: Maria Jordano <maria_jordano@...>
            Subject: Re: Saving a streaming audio speech as a
            file

            Hi all,

            I don't know if this one would be of help....
            http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ , but that is the one
            I use for creating listenings for my Lab and it works
            fine.

            =====
            http://www.eslhome.com

            "What's past is prologue."
            -- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

          • Maria Jordano
            Message 5 of 16 , May 4, 2004
              Hi Arlyn,

              Sorry. I think I told I was not sure... I hadn't tried
              it yet... But I suggested in the case you would like
              to try...

              If I find anything I will let you know,

              Mar�a

              =====

              Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
              Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
              14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

              TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

            • João Fernandes
              Message 6 of 16 , May 5, 2004
                Hello....
                Nice site ....do you know of any other sites on audio ??? Please do send them....my 2nd term activities are on audio, video and photos....if you have any useful sites on the issues I will be grateful..THANKS

                Take CAre,
                João FErnandes

                Maria Jordano <maria_jordano@...> wrote:
                Hi all,

                I don't know if this one would be of help....
                http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ , but that is the one
                I use for creating listenings for my Lab and it works
                fine.

                I think this could also help you:

                http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

                Kind regards,

                María

                =====

                María Jordano de la Torre
                Avda. Menéndez Pidal, s/n
                14071 Córdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

                TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                / João Fernandes/

                http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt
                http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt

              • Maria Jordano
                Message 7 of 16 , May 5, 2004
                  Hi Joao!

                  Here you are some of them...

                  http://www.mariajordano.com/multimedia_tools/multimedia.htm

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 5, 2004
                      I did a search on "capturing streamed audio" and found this downloadable MP3
                      Sound Recorder Software at http://www.tongsoft.com/
                      <http://www.tongsoft.com/> . I have not used this, but here is what it
                      does-

                      What can I do with this MP3 Sound Recorder software ?

                      <http://www.tongsoft.com/sound-recorder-vinyl-to-cd.htm> Transfer LP, tape,
                      vinyl album to CD easy and fast
                      .Record streaming audio from internet.
                      . Record sound generated by other programs, such as Power DVD ,RealPlayer,
                      WinAmp ,Windows Media Player,etc.
                      . Record music from games.
                      . Record music from movies played by VCR or DVD player.
                      . Record music from tape player.
                      . Record sound from microphone.

                      Christine
                      Christine Bauer-Ramazani
                      School of International Studies phone: 802-654-2642
                      Saint Michael's College fax: 802-654-2595
                      One Winooski Park
                      Colchester, VT 05439-0253

                      web site: http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/
                      <http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/>
                      online CALL course:
                      http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/demo/CALL_Online_de
                      mo.htm

                      http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ <http://audacity.sourceforge.net/> , but
                      that is the one
                      I use for creating listenings for my Lab and it works
                      fine.

                      I think this could also help you:

                      http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/ <http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/>

                      Kind regards,

                      María

                      =====

                      María Jordano de la Torre
                      Avda. Menéndez Pidal, s/n
                      14071 Córdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

                      TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

                      <http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover>

                      <http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm>

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      / João Fernandes/

                      http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt <http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt>
                      http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt <http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt>

                      <http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm>

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129s64l9g/M=295196.4901138.6052515.3001176/D=groups
                      /S=1705080709:HM/EXP=1083857531/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http:/companion
                      .yahoo.com> click here

                      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=295196.4901138.6052515.3001176/D=groups/S=
                      :HM/A=2128215/rand=218759220>

                      _____

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      e>

                    • Elderbob.com
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 5, 2004
                        Check out www.transom.org
                        Not only a great site about audio and interviewing, but it also has a great
                        archive.
                        Right now, it is headlining a marvelous Flash Animation with a great
                        dialogue. Absolutely worth checking out.

                        elderbob

                        _____

[...]

                        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                      • Barbara Dieu
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 5, 2004
                          Wonderful site elderbob...thanks a million...filing it in my favourites
                          right away
                          Warm regards from Brazil,
                          Bee

                          Barbara Dieu
                          Lycée Pasteur, Sao Paulo, Brazil

                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx