Re: [evonline2002_webheads] A Web Page on Teresa's Presentation at the APPI Conference!

  • Dafne
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2004
      Dear Tere, Joao, Buth and All,

      Thanks Joao and Buth for such nice pages on Tere's presentation with pictures one and screenshots the other. After viewing Buth's recording of the session where the ppt slides are inside the Alado screen, I wonder why in my recording the ppt presentation jumps out of the platform and then one cannot get back to it. Buth started recording on slide number 10, that is when Tere's talk was half way through, I wonder if that is the reason, since I started recording before Tere projected the first slide, hmmm, seems we still have to learn a lot about these aspects.

      Regarding multiple moderators in Alado, Arnold and I had a session with teachers in Caracas, and we both had moderator's privileges. What we did was to plan in advance who was going to show what and when. In the case of no previous planning, when there is a problem, we can use the text chat to say "I am going to show xxxxx page" so nobody will tries to do it at the same time.

      Buth, I have had the same problem you faced trying to copy and paste url's while speaking in Alado. It seems you need to release the control key to be able to do that. As a moderator, before a presentation you can project all the pages to be used before the session starts, and then you will have all the pages in the Alado browser, to change from one to another you only need to open the browser pull down menu. If we are presenting in another's webhead session we can send him/her our pages in advance.

      Another lesson learned, is that if we, as guests, are invited to speak for 5 min, we should plan for a 2-3 min talk, and then, if time permits, we can extend ourselves, not to take time from the other guests who will talk after we do in order to allow the presenter to cover all his/her topics.

      Congrats again and again, Tere :-)

      Hugs,
      Daf

      Teresa_Almeida_d'E�a <tmvaz@...> wrote:
      Dear Buth,

      Thank you for such a nice page of our collaborative presentation. It's lovely and the recording is very nice.

      It was my pleasure and my audience's pleasure as well to have such a great collaborative event. In spite of the technical glitch on my side, and a few disconnections on other sides, which didn't disturb me at all, things went quite well. Joao's comments on his page reflect my opinion of the audience.

      As usual, there are lessons to be learned and your suggestion about those of us with moderator privileges getting together at Alado tomorrow, or at another time, is great. We do need to explore and experiment different possibilities, and think of how to set up a similar jointly-moderated session but without "chaos moderation"! ;-)

      Thanks for your analysis of how I handled the presentation. I felt quite at ease, but when a problem occurs, there is a certain inevitable uneasiness about doing things that are normal, but that we think may cause a disturbance. That's why I decided not to go back to the presentation slide with your four pictures before Aiden started talking again. I feared another glitch.

      Buth, I also had a couple of pages minimized to copy URLs if necessary. Mine opened when needed, but I believe that it was after pasting a URL in the Alado browser and clicking Enter that I got disconnected and the trouble started. I wonder why. Could it have been just a coincidence?! I doubt it.

      Thanks again, everyone! I wonder if APPI will get any feedback on the session. Last year they had very positive feedback on the similar session. :-)

      Hurrah for the Webheads in Action!

      Hugs,

      Teresa

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129qr2iil/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705080709:HM/EXP=1083538582/A=1874365/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/302_v1_fin_lrec_01.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129qr2iil/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705080709:HM/EXP=1083538582/A=1874365/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/302_v1_fin_lrec_01.gif";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

    • Buthaina Al Othman
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2004
        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Teresa wrote:

        Buth, I also had a couple of pages minimized to copy URLs if
        necessary. Mine
        opened when needed, but I believe that it was after pasting a URL in
        the Alado
        browser and clicking Enter that I got disconnected and the trouble
        started. I
        wonder why. Could it have been just a coincidence?! I doubt it.

        Dear Tere,
        I'm not sure why this happened to you, since you were the moderator,
        on Thursday. I wonder if you have clicked on "Synchronize" located
        in the moderator tab after you inserted or pasted the URL in Alado's
        window?

        I know we need to click on "synchronize" everytime we want to
        project a new site.

        Anyway, as I said, I'm not sure, but Andy could tell us more about
        it.

        Best regards,

        Buth
      • Dafne
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2004
          Buth, you only need to click on "synchronize navigation" before you start your presentation, not everytime you are going to show a page.

          See you all in a while at TI,
          Daf

          var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129b9jral/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705080709:HM/EXP=1083583253/A=1894283/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/broom_lrec.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129b9jral/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705080709:HM/EXP=1083583253/A=1894283/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/lrec.gif";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;