A Web Page on Teresa's Presentation at the APPI Conference!

  • Buthaina Al Othman
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2004
      Hello Teresa, and All,

      First of all, I'd like to congratulate you, Tere, on such a
      successful presnetation, and thank you for inviting me with the
      other Webheads colleagues to take part in it, on Thursday, April 29.

      I would like to indicate that Teresa showed great capability of
      controlling things, professionally. Despite, the different glitches
      that occured here and there during Aiden's and my and perhaps
      Vance's parts, Tere remained calm, tolerant and handled it in an
      easy and simple manner, as usual.

      I have created a web page, which I hope you like, including a
      successful recording of Teresa's presentation, webcasted at
      Alado.net/Webheads, to document the event at the 18th APPI
      conference.
      You are welcome to take a look at the new page, using this URL:

      <http://alothman-b.tripod.com/teresa_present_wia040429.htm>

      Regarding the issue of having more than one moderator at Alado's
      VClassroom, I suggest that those of us with moderator privileges
      arrange a meeting to test the possibility of having more than one
      moderator working together, there. We could talk more about this
      tomorrow at Tapped in.

      I would also like to indicate that during Teresa's presentation I
      logged on Alado's as a participant not a moderator.The problem I
      faced for the first time at alado's, during my part, was that I was
      not able to pull or maximize the web page, which I had minimized and
      kept ready to project. I usually use this method whenever I
      participate at an alado's session, in order to copy a URL directly
      from a window, and paste it on the text chat box.This way is usually
      fast and works to me; however, it didn't this time!

      I had to minimize the window that was used to open Alado, in order
      to find my browser on my desktop to open a new window to get that
      page to project.
      I think, Vance, encountered a similar problem during his part, too.
      I'm not sure but Vance could correct me if I'm wrong; Vance?

      Finally, thank you Teresa and hope to join you again or any other
      Webhead, in a new collaborative and/or cooperative experience, in
      the future.

      Best regards,

      Buth
    • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2004
        Dear Buth,

        Thank you for such a nice page of our collaborative presentation. It's lovely and the recording is very nice.

        It was my pleasure and my audience's pleasure as well to have such a great collaborative event. In spite of the technical glitch on my side, and a few disconnections on other sides, which didn't disturb me at all, things went quite well. Joao's comments on his page reflect my opinion of the audience.

        As usual, there are lessons to be learned and your suggestion about those of us with moderator privileges getting together at Alado tomorrow, or at another time, is great. We do need to explore and experiment different possibilities, and think of how to set up a similar jointly-moderated session but without "chaos moderation"! ;-)

        Thanks for your analysis of how I handled the presentation. I felt quite at ease, but when a problem occurs, there is a certain inevitable uneasiness about doing things that are normal, but that we think may cause a disturbance. That's why I decided not to go back to the presentation slide with your four pictures before Aiden started talking again. I feared another glitch.

        Buth, I also had a couple of pages minimized to copy URLs if necessary. Mine opened when needed, but I believe that it was after pasting a URL in the Alado browser and clicking Enter that I got disconnected and the trouble started. I wonder why. Could it have been just a coincidence?! I doubt it.

        Thanks again, everyone! I wonder if APPI will get any feedback on the session. Last year they had very positive feedback on the similar session. :-)

        Hurrah for the Webheads in Action!

        Hugs,

        Teresa

      • Dafne
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2004
          Dear Tere, Joao, Buth and All,

          Thanks Joao and Buth for such nice pages on Tere's presentation with pictures one and screenshots the other. After viewing Buth's recording of the session where the ppt slides are inside the Alado screen, I wonder why in my recording the ppt presentation jumps out of the platform and then one cannot get back to it. Buth started recording on slide number 10, that is when Tere's talk was half way through, I wonder if that is the reason, since I started recording before Tere projected the first slide, hmmm, seems we still have to learn a lot about these aspects.

          Regarding multiple moderators in Alado, Arnold and I had a session with teachers in Caracas, and we both had moderator's privileges. What we did was to plan in advance who was going to show what and when. In the case of no previous planning, when there is a problem, we can use the text chat to say "I am going to show xxxxx page" so nobody will tries to do it at the same time.

          Buth, I have had the same problem you faced trying to copy and paste url's while speaking in Alado. It seems you need to release the control key to be able to do that. As a moderator, before a presentation you can project all the pages to be used before the session starts, and then you will have all the pages in the Alado browser, to change from one to another you only need to open the browser pull down menu. If we are presenting in another's webhead session we can send him/her our pages in advance.

          Another lesson learned, is that if we, as guests, are invited to speak for 5 min, we should plan for a 2-3 min talk, and then, if time permits, we can extend ourselves, not to take time from the other guests who will talk after we do in order to allow the presenter to cover all his/her topics.

          Congrats again and again, Tere :-)

          Hugs,
          Daf

          Teresa_Almeida_d'E�a <tmvaz@...> wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
          var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129qr2iil/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705080709:HM/EXP=1083538582/A=1874365/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/302_v1_fin_lrec_01.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129qr2iil/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705080709:HM/EXP=1083538582/A=1874365/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/302_v1_fin_lrec_01.gif";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

        • Buthaina Al Othman
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2004
            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Teresa wrote:

            Buth, I also had a couple of pages minimized to copy URLs if
            necessary. Mine
            opened when needed, but I believe that it was after pasting a URL in
            the Alado
            browser and clicking Enter that I got disconnected and the trouble
            started. I
            wonder why. Could it have been just a coincidence?! I doubt it.

            Dear Tere,
            I'm not sure why this happened to you, since you were the moderator,
            on Thursday. I wonder if you have clicked on "Synchronize" located
            in the moderator tab after you inserted or pasted the URL in Alado's
            window?

            I know we need to click on "synchronize" everytime we want to
            project a new site.

            Anyway, as I said, I'm not sure, but Andy could tell us more about
            it.

            Best regards,

            Buth
          • Dafne
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2004
              Buth, you only need to click on "synchronize navigation" before you start your presentation, not everytime you are going to show a page.

              See you all in a while at TI,
              Daf

              var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129b9jral/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705080709:HM/EXP=1083583253/A=1894283/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/broom_lrec.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129b9jral/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705080709:HM/EXP=1083583253/A=1894283/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/lrec.gif";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;