May 14-18 Tutor Mentor Conference RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Digest Number 764

  • Alado
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2004
      To all Webheads:

      City Colleges of Chicago will be hosting a five day conference on Tutoring
      and Mentoring Best Practices at our Richard Daley College Campus beginning
      May 14 thru May 18.

      http://www.tutormentorexchange.net/Partner/CC/Presentations/Leadership_Confe
      rence/e-conference%20agenda.htm
      and http://www.tutormentorconference.bigstep.com/ and
      http://www.tutormentorexchange.net/Partner/CC/Conference/May2004/home.asp
      This annual conference on Tutoring and Mentoring is an ideal platform for
      Webheads to present their work virtually since we will be hosting three days
      of the conference dedicated solely to virtual presentations covering a
      number of disciplines. I have reserved a time slot on Tuesday morning at
      14:30 GMT for the live event at Daley College in our auditorium but I've
      also reserved open time throughout the weekend of Saturday May 15 and Sunday
      May 16 for additional time should anyone be interested in presenting their
      individual work for our virtual audience.
      B.J. Berquist is scheduled on May 17 at 16:30 GMT to present a presentation
      she has prepared for a forthcoming conference in New Jersey next month, so
      we get to preview it and finally see and hear some of her work. B.J. is
      also arranging for Tapped In to have a continuing presence during the five
      day conference in the Hot Tub for anyone interested in the conference on
      Mac's or Apples and we will have full time staff during the day logged in at
      Tapped In, No. American Central Time Zone ( GMT -5).
      We usually have over 200 attendees from throughout No. America attend this
      annual conference and this year we have added the eConference section to the
      schedule. All Webheads and their invitees will be sent a password for
      access to the eConference at no charge, so you can ignore the information on
      the links above about fees since I've arranged to provide this free of
      charge to the Webhead and Tapped In community.
      A number of you have excellent material online now, like Vance's
      presentation for TESOL and Teresa's recent APPI Conference this week, so it
      should be easy to simply use that content for this audience. I am certain
      we will find more interest in Webheads and Tapped In during this conference
      since many in our audience are educators and retired persons who would like
      to know about Elder Bob's work for instance.
      We can discuss this tomorrow during our regular session but for now you are
      aware of the opportunity to join us in the online conference section on
      either Saturday or Sunday, May 15-16 or on Tuesday morning at 14:30 GMT in
      front of our entire audience at Daley College. Also, on Monday May 17 at
      16:30 GMT you should try to join us for B.J.'s presentation.
      The entire live and virtual program will be recorded and hosted on our
      servers and we are also cutting CDs of the proceedings from this conference
      for those in attendance to take with them upon leaving.

      Best regards
      Andrew Pincon
      Digital Workforce Education Society
      An Illinois SBDC Affiliate
      www.digibridge.org <http://www.digibridge.org>
      pincon@... <mailto:pincon@...>
      pincon@... <mailto:pincon@...>
      630-886-3808
    • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2004
        Dear Andrew,

        This conference sounds very interesting. I will surely listen in. It's a great time for me because Friday is my day off and then the weekend.

        Thank you for such nice words about my very recent presentation. And thank you again for making the Alado Webhead Room available!

        You can count on my contribution in the Webheads slot. I hope to be at TI tomorrow to discuss that. If I can't make it, go along and decide if there's anything you want me to do and just let me know.

        Hugs,

        Teresa