Re:_[evonline2002_webheads]_Re:_Tere´s___presentation - co-moderators

  • Dafne
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 5:25 AM
      Dear Tere,

      Glad to see you are back :-) after your successful presentations

      Re: having moderator's privileges at Alado. A couple of us have those privileges, we only need to log in using our special user name and password provided by Andy. I did not use it that day, and thought of loggin in again as a moderator, but then I did not want to take the risk of facing problems as some did, and decided to stay as I was. I think Andy has said that the problem of having too many moderators at the same time is that it can become a mess if each of us start sending pages without order and control.

      My 2 � cents,

      Hugs,
      Daf

      Teresa_Almeida_d'E�a <tmvaz@...> wrote:
      Dear Sus,

      By now you must have read the report I sent last night where I admit not really knowing what happened. However, Daf's recent message has enlightened me: it seems that I wasn't the only logged off at some point. At a certain point I noticed that Jacira was, but I didn't perceive of any other problems. There seems to be so much to manage that it's complicated to pay attention to everything.

      What you call a detail - "This make me think how useful it is when we're more people who have access to help the presenter! But that's a detail" - seems to be very a very wise piece of advice to be followed.

      As far as I see it, having more than one moderator can be very helpful and may avoid "dead" moments, as we say. I was lucky because my audience was very supportive and interested in seeing how things were being dealt with. But there is the danger that this sort of glitch can have negative effects, so, if someone has the possibility of taking over and showing pages, for example, then the moderator on the other end (me, in this case) can at least comment locally to the audience.

      On the other hand, having each presenter as a moderator, will certainly make things much easier for everyone. Personally, I thought it was interesting for the audience to see all the interaction between my co-presenters and myself, and me carrying out their requests. However, each presenter with moderator rights is definitely more practical.

      I wonder how many moderators we can have! Hello, Andy!

      Hugs,

      Teresa

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129r7en9e/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705080709:HM/EXP=1083498727/A=1894283/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/broom_lrec.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129r7en9e/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705080709:HM/EXP=1083498727/A=1894283/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/lrec.gif";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;