Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re:_Tere´s___presentation

  • Dafne
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2004
      Dear Tere and All,

      Thanks for the invitation to share with your audience at the APPI conference in Porto (I love that city) on April 29th. It was a pleasure to hear you talking about WiA and Baw and to perceive, as Sus mentioned the interest of the audience, and their amazement at what Webheads do. You did break a leg!!!

      I recorded the whole session since I was one of the lucky ones who was not booted out at any point. The sound file is perfect, however, when I play the html file, as soon as you show the first slide of the ppt, this one takes over the whole screen, the Alado room disappears so does the sound. Then you are able to advance the slides but with no sound, and it is impossible to go back to the Alado room. So, the only way is to start playing the sound file as soon as the ppt takes over, then wait until that part comes in the sound file, and manually click on the ppt buttons as Tere speaks.

      I wonder if this is a glitch of the recording or if this is "normal", maybe Andy can enlighten us (me) on this.

      I have uploaded a zip with the presentation at files section of the BaW Yahoo Groups. This is a temporary storage while Teresa picks it up.

      Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:
      Dear Tere,

      it was a pleasure to witness how fluent you managed to introduce Webheads to
      your audience at the APPI conference yesterday in Alado. I had the overall
      impression of an enthusiast and well prepared presentation. After a reboot
      of Alado in the second half of the session you got some bad problem of not
      getting the sound from loud speakers, only in your own head phones, this was
      solved but meant that there was a delay and you ran short of time - but at
      least the four invited webheads were able to show and tell some recent
      examples of their practice: Aiden, Buth, Dafne and Vance.

      One little puzzling detail: the only one with moderator rights was you,
      Tere, right? Anyway, in this situation, it was not possible for others to
      push URLs to show a homepage in the whiteboard -only the moderator could do
      so. This make me think how useful it is when we're more people who have
      access to help the presenter! But that's a detail

      I t was fun to say hello to Claire, Luisa Rosa and Joao who were with you
      there

      yours, Sus