Re: vennysou@yahoo.com is stolen (Urgent note!)

  • Robert Brannan
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2004
      Thanks for the Heads-up Vance,

      I too, have been hearing from concerned folks on the yahoo list. I
      have been in communication with Venny through his university email
      account and it sounds like at best the only thing that happened was
      that his buddy list got hacked. He has deleted the name Vennysou and
      you should do the same. I will leave it to Venny to contact the list
      and let you know how to add him back on.

      You can spot these fake emails by looking at the links where it says
      they will redirect you. I has something about a Yahoo pool game and
      ends in index.html which indicates that it is a web page and not an
      email message.

      My advice is that it is a good time to make sure that your virus
      blocking protection is up to date....and to remind yourself that if a
      message arrives that looks "odd", then it probably is...Dont open it
      and delete it immediately.

      Here is a good link to familiarize yourself with some of the current
      things that are going on on the internet.

      This page also links to a couple of other pages that have to do with
      how to protect oneself in these trying times.

      I will be online on Sunday Morning, and I am hoping that we can
      discuss what we are doing to protect ourselves against such problems.

      Thanks for your time,
      elderbob

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, vstevens