Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: volunteers needed

  • Agata Zieba-Warcholak
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2004
      Dear Chris and all,

      Yesterday evening (my time) I had a pleasure to take part in a chat with Chris Jones's students. I am a new Webhead, I joined the group after participating in BaW workshop so such events are loaded with WOW factors for me!

      Wow, Chris, I admire the way you prepared the session. Each student knew exactly what to do and all went great - undoubtedly thanks to your careful planning (and previous practice). Some of the students said that they were very excited and that it was the first time they had used voice chat. Regardless of it, all of them were doing just great.

      I was asked to write my name, the name of my home town and school in the text chat window and I also wrote some info about my work carrier.

      Arnold allowed us to view his webcam and generally was very helpful during the whole chat. I was answering the questions and Arnold was writing explanations or even the questions for me - I had some minor problems with YM from time to time (one of the students asked what fortress was, I did not hear the question due to a problem with YM, and Arnold answered it in the text box).

      I was a bit surprised and amused when one of the students asked where Poland was! And we agreed that Polish is really difficult to learn :-) We also had a nice chat about children and families. Then, after I joined the general conference, my YM crashed. I had to reboot and was only able to say good-bye to Chris leaving the class...

      I enjoyed the session very much and learned a lot about how to organise such an event. Perhaps next term I will be the one who asks Webheads for volunteers ;-)

      Thank you , Cris, for the invitation. I will try to join you on Wednesday.

      Cheers,
      Agata