Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Interviews with my students earlier today

  • muhren2003@planet.nl
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2004
      To Chris, her (group one) students, Agata, and all

      In an earlier off-list mail I mentioned to you that I liked the whole set
      up of the activities. Now I can confirm that it also worked quite well. It
      was to be expected. I was part of an interesting session with a friendly
      and patient group engaged in a lively exchange of information and ideas.
      The interview was interspersed by impromptu informal talk as well. Voice
      coming from the group and from Agata (whom the students interviewed) was
      fine most of the time. Now and then there were connection hiccoughs when
      voice got halted or distorted briefly but these little problems were dealt
      with adequately by the speakers of the moment - for instance by repeating
      on request what had been said and not heard or understood, and by text
      support and clarification.

      I believe that chat activities like these - with a limited number of
      participants, structured and well-phased work, students and guests being
      well prepared for all phases - offer worthwhile learning opportunities.

      I'm looking forward to hearing from the students how they underwent the
      event. I will be there on Wednesday at 17:00 GMT.

      Cheers, Arnold