Re: [evonline2002_webheads] We were missing you too at TappedIn

  • Dafne
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2004
      Hi Karen and All,

      Just a short note regarding Tuesday's PCI after skimming your chatlog from Sunday (could not attend because I was involved in f2f activities). PCI's are f2f events where people pay (a good amount of money) to learn about the topic they have selected. I think this is the first time that a PCI has been broadcasted. f2f participants were there to learn about synchronous tools in general, not about one. I was supposed to be there f2f too, as a presenter, but due to different problems I could not, and Vance accepted I presented online. I know how these blended events can be disappointing for the people online if you cannot get to actively participate in them, but I have also learned, after having the experience of presenting to f2f and online audience how difficult it can be. In this case, not been a free event, our f2f presenters had a responsibility with the f2f audience, and I think they did their best to satisfy their expectations and at the same time try to integrate us. They were
      gathered in a huge room which made things more difficult when trying to send voice to us at the same time they talked to the audience.

      I was able to chat at Tapped In with some of the participants and then at the end from Alado too. My main concern was that the f2f participant's expectations were met, and that we as remote participants could help make it come true.

      Kudos for all the f2f presenters and million thanks for those who were collaborating online (I have been away from the computer because I am having hectic days preparing for the defense of my diss and for 2 online courses I will be delivering in May). Webheads are everywhere!!!

      Hugs to all,
      Daf

      Karen Garcia <drkgarcia@...> wrote:

      Actually, I left a file there with the transcript of the chat which focused
      on our views about the PCI. I hope that after your review of it we can
      follow the discussion "critically" since most of us learned quite a bit from
      the experience.

      Best regards,

      Karen Garc´┐Ż­a
      KGsaulavira at TappedIn