Kudos to Vance and Tere

  • CJones
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 23, 2004
      Hi, all,

      I received the spring 2004 issue of Essential Teacher
      in the mail yesterday. (It's TESOL's new magazine sent to all
      members.) On page 32, there is an article by Vance
      Stevens named "Tools for Building Online Communities." It is, of
      course, well written and mentions many of the tools both paid and
      free that ESL instructors can use. I even learned about an ESL
      chat site I hadn't heard of before: http://www.study.com

      Teresa Almeida d'Eca has written another wonderful article about us
      (WiA) named "Cybersights" on p.59 of the same magazine.

      Nice job, Vance and Tere!

      BTW, for those of you who are not TESOL members, I checked the web
      links, and neither of these articles are included in the "Compleat
      Links" at http://www.tesol.org/pubs/magz/et/compleat/index.html. I
      guess they can't very well put the magazine online and still expect
      people to pay for membership. However, you can read six other
      articles related to the themes of the current issue.

      Chris Jones
    • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 23, 2004
        Dear Chris,

        Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad you liked the short article. I haven't
        had the chance to read anything, not even Vance's article. Hopefully, on the
        plane!

        It was a very nice surprise to be with Vance in the same issue.

        Looking forward to meeting you f2f in LB.

        Teresa

        ---
      • Barbara Dieu
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 23, 2004
          Congratulations on the two wonderful articles Vance and Tere...will
          hopefully.
          find some time to read them during the Easter holidays .Way to go!!!
          Warm regards from Brazil,
          Bee

          Barbara Dieu
          Lycée Pasteur, Sao Paulo, Brazil
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 23, 2004
            Hi everyone. Kudos to Webheads. These articles could not be written
            except for YOU and the remarkable work YOU do. Thanks to all.

            You can read a final draft version of my article online:
            http://tinyurl.com/2232l

            Having just conquered Cairo we are taking our show now to Long Beach
            with something about Webheads on every day of the conference
            http://tinyurl.com/3dpg5. You can be involved in some of these
            events.

            Tuesday, March 30, 2004 from 17:00-24:00 GMT - You already know about
            the PCI for which Daf is organizing online support:

            http://www.geocities.com/bawebhead/pci-invitation.html

            Also:

            Thursday, April 1, 2004 Internet Fair: 16:30 to 17:30 GMT - The EV
            Online proposal titled "Professional Development through 2004 EV
            Online Sessions" has been accepted for TESOL's 2004 Internet Fair in
            Long Beach, California. Our part is organized by Christine Bauer-
            Ramazani: http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-
            ramazani/TESOL/2004/InternetFair/EV2004.htm. Webheads hope to be
            presenting live and online during the time indicated. The schedule of
            presentations is here:
            http://www.ilc.cuhk.edu.hk/english/tesol/2004/thurs.html

            Friday, April 2, 22:00 to 23:00 GMT - at The Internet Classics Fair
            we connect conference participants with members of the Webheads
            community of practice who will join online from locations distant
            from the conference. As I have done at this conference the previous
            two years, I will set up a web cam and use this and voice chat
            software to enable the local and distant participants to communicate
            and interact with one another. According to the invitation: "This
            invitation is based on the high quality of the presentation you gave
            for either the 2002 or 2003 TESOL Internet Fair. This "invitation
            only" forum will feature the best presentations from the past few
            years of Internet Fair presentations. It is a means to bring back
            some of the best, thus providing access to those who may have missed
            these exceptional examples of Internet use for ESL/EFL instruction."
            Webheads intend to be presenting live and online during the time
            indicated. http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~bikowski/classic2004.htm

            For these events, meet at http://www.tappedin.org and move on to
            Yahoo web cam and whatever voice portal seems suitable at the time.

            There is more information here:
            http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/index.html#tesol2004 or
            http://tinyurl.com/3dpg5
            and - http://www.vancestevens.com//online_events.htm

            Bookmark 'em and see you there (in some cases in person ...

            Vance

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "CJones"