"MAKING IT WORK"

  • berquist
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2004
      You are invited to join a major conference and webcast on what education
      institutions need to do to prepare their disabled and handicapped
      students to be employed in today's digital world. The focus will be in
      training and education curriculum development for enabling the disabled
      student to be employed in telework. "MAKING IT WORK" is presented by
      The Great Lakes ADA and IT Center at the University of Illinois at
      Chicago, City Colleges of Chicago, The Illinois Division of
      Rehabilitation Services and Digital Workforce Education Society on
      Friday, February 27, 2004 at 10 am, CST or 16:00 GMT. Access the live
      webcast at http://www.alado.net/login

      Andy Pincon

      Forwarded by
      BJ Berquist
      Associate Educator, TAPPED IN
      bjb@...
      http://tappedin.org/tappedin/web/staff/bj.jsp
    • Anne Fox
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 29, 2004
        Oops! I fully intended to attend this and then got completely
        distracted and forgot about it. Would anyone know if there is a
        record of what went on somewhere? Or did someone go and could give a
        short summary?
        Anne

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, berquist
        <berquist@p...> wrote:
        > You are invited to join a major conference and webcast on what
        education
        > institutions need to do to prepare their disabled and handicapped
        > students to be employed in today's digital world. The focus will
        be in
        > training and education curriculum development for enabling the
        disabled
        > student to be employed in telework. "MAKING IT WORK" is presented
        by
        > The Great Lakes ADA and IT Center at the University of Illinois at
        > Chicago, City Colleges of Chicago, The Illinois Division of
        > Rehabilitation Services and Digital Workforce Education Society on
        > Friday, February 27, 2004 at 10 am, CST or 16:00 GMT. Access the
        live
        > webcast at http://www.alado.net/login
        >
        > Andy Pincon
        >
        > Forwarded by
        > BJ Berquist
        > Associate Educator, TAPPED IN
        > bjb@t...
        > http://tappedin.org/tappedin/web/staff/bj.jsp
      • susannenyrop
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 29, 2004
          I was unable to attend but would also like to learn more about this
          session.

          Those who are disabled, either because of physical problems, or
          being learning challenged, should have our support and attention,
          also because from understanding different needs, we can often learn
          a lot about usability and accesibility in general.
        • Dafne
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 29, 2004
            Dear Anne,

            I attended the pres and it was really interesting and eye-opening. I think it was not recorded, at least the first hour. However there are some slides that you can check because I copied the urls:
            http://www.alado.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/adaslide3.jpg

            http://www.alado.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/adaslide4.jpg

            http://www.alado.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/adaslide6.jpg

            There were 20 or 21 slides, you only need to change the number at the end and you will be able to get the whole pres.

            Cheers,
            Daf