Curt's visit to Webheads tomorrow Sunday noon GMT

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2004
      Hi everyone,

      I was in touch with Curt this morning. He's still planning to join us
      online tomorrow Sunday Feb 8 at noon GMT. He says he'll be `on time'
      (though I told him he could be `late' … I told him we were like a bus
      that leaves the station and noon GMT and picks up and drops off
      passengers along the way on a route that lasts at least 2 hours).
      Curt is planning to be on the bus when it leaves the station. I
      don't know when he is getting off the bus, but if you want to be on
      the bus while Curt is riding then you need to know to arrive early to
      our Webheads session tomorrow. I don't think we can expect him to
      stay much longer than an hour unless he's having so much fun he just
      can't pull himself away. We might want to brew him some strong
      virtual coffee.

      Curt's web site at IUB serves as a good introduction because it
      points to other sites that he wants to call to our attention:
      http://education.indiana.edu/~edfolks/persons/cjbonk.html

      Curt has a habit of handing out CDs of his papers to the first three
      people to ask questions at his presentations. A lot of his work is
      also online. If you want to read just one of his works, one that is
      frequently cited in other literature I read, then see:

      Bonk, C. and Cunningham, D. (1998). Searching for learner-centered,
      constructivist, and sociocultural components of collaborative
      educational learning tools. In C. Bonk & K. King (Eds.), Electronic
      Collaborators: Learner-centered technologies for literacy,
      apprenticeship, and discourse (pp. 25-50). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence
      Erlbaum Associates. Retrieved March 31, 2003 from:
      http://www.publicationshare.com/docs/Bon02.pdf

      You can also fine web addresses in Curt's signature from his email
      today, below.

      Tomorrow's session will be a good chance for Webheads to meet someone
      with an excellent grasp of the field who applies a lot of imagination
      in making distance education exciting and full of F.U.N.

      We'll meet at http://www.tappedin.org Reception (as usual) and take
      it slow from there.

      Cya then,

      Vance

      Curt's message à
      =====================

      Ok, thanks Vance.

      See you online soon.

      curt

      Curtis J. Bonk, Professor
      Indiana University, Dept. of Coun and Educ Psych
      (adjunct: Instructional Systems Technology)
      School of Education: Room 4022
      Bloomington, IN 47405-1006
      (812) 856-8353 (work); 856-8333 (fax); E-mail: CJBonk@...
      Websites: http://php.indiana.edu/~cjbonk; http://CourseShare.com
      "Create a free survey with SurveyShare.com"