Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Presenting Curtis Bonk

  • Susanne Nyrop
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2004
      Hello Vance,

      our guest on next Sunday is really a scoop! That very special Cyber-cat, dr.
      Curt Bonk is really a charismatic and inspiring leader of online learning;
      like yourself I've met him live, on location, face to face, with the Global
      Educators' Network at the Telelearning conference in Toronto 2000 and was
      amazed by his dynamic, speed talking but well considered and impressive
      presentation of his visionary but realistic ideas - let me cut a quote a
      passage from his page:

      " teachers are beginning to realize what types of pedagogical activities
      (e.g., debates, mentoring, role playing, brainstorming, problem-based
      learning, etc.) foster learner interaction, collaboration, and excitement
      for learning when using various educational technologies. Unfortunately,
      these new technological and pedagogical opportunities are appearing at the
      same time that funding sources are being depleted or erased entirely. As
      this perfect e-storm surrounds us, we must think carefully about the speed
      and direction in which we sail our ships, especially when entering uncharted
      territories. "
      http://www.ptsc.k12.in.us/ice/Keynotes/Bonk.htm

      I'll run over to the Becoming a Webhead workshop and share the good news;
      several of them will join us for our Sunday chats, also today - in less
      that one hour.