Re: Vance's Jan 23 2004 Slides AND Sat Jan 24 sessions noon GMT

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2004
      Dear Webheads,

      It's after three o'clock in Cairo now. I think the jazz fusion band
      we left an hour and a half ago is probably still playing.

      Thanks Rita for your message. Regarding slides I suspect our EV site
      is full. Give me a few days and I'll upload my slides to the WIA
      overflow site.

      Webheads are all the buzz at the Cairo conference. The demo we put
      on Friday afternoon in Cairo wowed an audience of two dozen or so.
      Michael put in his usual sterling performance as online emcee and he
      and Buth managed the chat lines in Tapped in and Yahoo messenger
      (Buth from two doors down in Liz England's office). I'd hate to
      forget to mention anyone so I won't list all participants but hearty
      congratulations to all. You will not be soon forgotten for your
      impressive efforts.

      I've had to prepare for one more 4-hour workshop before I can go to
      bed. There has been a change in format for the workshop because the
      firewall at the venue for Saturday will not allow voice or video and
      there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it. Therefore Buth and
      I have come up with a new plan. Basically it's to get participants
      into a Yahoo Group and teach them blogging, then prepare the group
      for eventual participation in Becoming a Webhead. Buth will do the
      post-workshop follow-on for that.

      If you can join us online you can help us train the participants,
      and/or you can avail yourself of the training as well. The following
      document will be used as a handout:

      The venue remains:

      Saturday, January 24 - 2 to 6 p.m Cairo time; noon to 4 p.m. GMT,
      with Randa Effat: Enhancing Online Educational Communities with
      Computer-Mediated Communications Tools, an IELP2 mini workshop at the
      Central Department for In service Training lab in Cairo.

      Thanks very much to all Webheads and hope to see you online Saturday.

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Rita Zeinstejer"
      <rita@z...> wrote:
      > Dear friends,
      > I managed to join Vance for his "Online tools for creating
      communities of communicative learners" session today from Cairo, and
      he gave a wonderful presentation using text and voice on Yahoo and
      Learning Times, which was shared by Buth, Michael, Claire, Dafne,
      Teresa, Damian (from a cyber in Derby, England), Ismail, (anybody
      else that I've missed?)
      > The audience gave an enthusiastic response, some even posed
      interesting questions at the end.
      > I've been trying for hours now to upload the ppt copy I made to our
      EVOnline site in Yahoo, unsuccessfully. Any idea why?
      > Cheers, Vance, and thanks a lot again for sharing: the feeling of
      belonging to a group of people from distant and different places in
      the globe is moving, each and every time we come together.