Vance's Jan 23 2004 Slides Presentation in Cairo

  • Rita Zeinstejer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2004
      Dear friends,

      I managed to join Vance for his "Online tools for creating communities of communicative learners" session today from Cairo, and he gave a wonderful presentation using text and voice on Yahoo and Learning Times, which was shared by Buth, Michael, Claire, Dafne, Teresa, Damian (from a cyber in Derby, England), Ismail, (anybody else that I've missed?)
      The audience gave an enthusiastic response, some even posed interesting questions at the end.
      I've been trying for hours now to upload the ppt copy I made to our EVOnline site in Yahoo, unsuccessfully. Any idea why?

      Cheers, Vance, and thanks a lot again for sharing: the feeling of belonging to a group of people from distant and different places in the globe is moving, each and every time we come together.
      Warmest regards,

      Rita

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2004
        Dear Webheads,

        It's after three o'clock in Cairo now. I think the jazz fusion band
        we left an hour and a half ago is probably still playing.

        Thanks Rita for your message. Regarding slides I suspect our EV site
        is full. Give me a few days and I'll upload my slides to the WIA
        overflow site.

        Webheads are all the buzz at the Cairo conference. The demo we put
        on Friday afternoon in Cairo wowed an audience of two dozen or so.
        Michael put in his usual sterling performance as online emcee and he
        and Buth managed the chat lines in Tapped in and Yahoo messenger
        (Buth from two doors down in Liz England's office). I'd hate to
        forget to mention anyone so I won't list all participants but hearty
        congratulations to all. You will not be soon forgotten for your
        impressive efforts.

        I've had to prepare for one more 4-hour workshop before I can go to
        bed. There has been a change in format for the workshop because the
        firewall at the venue for Saturday will not allow voice or video and
        there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it. Therefore Buth and
        I have come up with a new plan. Basically it's to get participants
        into a Yahoo Group and teach them blogging, then prepare the group
        for eventual participation in Becoming a Webhead. Buth will do the
        post-workshop follow-on for that.

        If you can join us online you can help us train the participants,
        and/or you can avail yourself of the training as well. The following
        document will be used as a handout:

        http://sites.hsprofessional.com/vstevens/files/efi/papers/cairo2004/wo
        rkshops/workshop.pdf

        The venue remains:

        Saturday, January 24 - 2 to 6 p.m Cairo time; noon to 4 p.m. GMT,
        with Randa Effat: Enhancing Online Educational Communities with
        Computer-Mediated Communications Tools, an IELP2 mini workshop at the
        Central Department for In service Training lab in Cairo.

        Thanks very much to all Webheads and hope to see you online Saturday.

        Vance

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Rita Zeinstejer"