Re: IT problems: accessing my homepage

  • Arlyn Freed
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 13, 2003
      Dear Mike,

      Willian wrote to me and he too is unable to access the site. This is
      really perplexing! I can't believe all of Brazil is unable to visit
      my web site. Even more perplexing is that Willian used to link to my
      site, so at what point did the interuption in service occur and why?
      This sounds a little similar to the problem Rita was having accessing
      Alado.net until Andrew helped by changing the way Alado.net was set
      up, because Argentina had a block on certain DNS functions.

      Andrew, if you're out there, I'd really like to know what you think
      about all of this...

      To everyone else, thanks for letting me know this problem is only
      focused on one country, I appreciate your feedback and the time you
      took to visit the site!

      All the best,
      Arlyn

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Michael Marzio
      <mmmarzio@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Arlyn,
      >
      > Rest assured that your site is easy to access in France, and looks
      as good as ever.

      > And do keep us informed on whether or not you find "any good IT
      people out there" to answer your question, since I didn't even know
      that such problems could be country-specific. I only thought that
      access could be deliberately shut off by government intervention at
      the highest levels, such as China has done (still does?) in regard to
      certain sites.

      > I am CC-ing this message to our friend Willian Alves in Brazil. I'm
      sure he'll find the time to see if he can access your site (Willian -
      the URL is http://www.eslhome.com ).