Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Joys & Sorrows of Elluminate

  • vstevens
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 2003
      Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 01:01:25 -0800 (PST)
      From: Elizabeth Hanson-Smith <ehansonsmi@...>
      <snip> This is the very first time the whole setup appeared properly on my
      Mac OS X, and the audio was correctly initialized. I also got the other two
      to do their Webcams on YM simultaneously, so we could see, hear, and read
      each other all at the same time. I rejoiced in being able finally to get it
      all to work as envisioned.

      But the following day, when I tried to enter the Webheads chat room in LT,
      which Vance wrote about, Java reported it could not set up the audio--same
      old message. I plugged and unplugged, booted and rebooted, but VClass
      would not recognize my audio
      equipment. Total bummer. If anyone has some clue as to what is going on, I
      love to hear from you.
      --------------

      Elizabeth,

      This is perplexing. The Webheads chat room at Learning Times is the same
      software (vClass by Elluminate) as in the Meeting Room, as far as I know.
      I'm very sorry you couldn't join us.

      A more formal announcement will follow but I was using that room with Randa
      Effat at that particular time because Randa was (on webcam) at the hotel in
      Cairo where there will be a conference at which I am an invited speaker, and
      we were testing the audio (the folks in Cairo were pleased with it). One
      reason we decided to try vClass for this event was specifically to include
      people on
      Macs, so your frustration is mine as well. Please try again.

      Incidentally, I've put your comments and Buth's follow-up here (hope that's
      ok ;-):
      http://www.homestead.com/prosites-vstevens/files/efi/chat2003/chat2003.htm#latest

      The talk will be at 9 a.m. GMT on Dec 18 and Webheads will of course be
      welcome. You might just drop me an email off list to let me know if you
      will be there so I can have an idea of how many to expect. The room holds
      up to 25 subject to approval by the good folks at LT.

      As a reminder, I made an easy-to-remember Tiny URL for it (y3eh):

      http://tinyurl.com/y3eh

      Its direct link is:
      http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=273662