Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Digest Number 642

  • Emma Miliani
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2003
      No problem with your
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com>
      To: <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 9:24 PM
      Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] Digest Number 642

      extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

      There are 12 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: IT problems: accessing my homepage
      From: "Barbara Dieu" <bwjdieu@...>
      2. Voice on Blogger
      From: "Barbara Dieu" <bwjdieu@...>
      3. Joys & Sorrows of owning a Mac
      From: Arlyn Freed <aiteachesl@...>
      4. Re: Voice on Blogger
      From: "Susanne Nyrop" <s.nyrop@...>
      5. Re: IT problems: accessing my homepage
      From: "Maria Albers de urriola" <miaupju@...>
      6. Re: IT problems: accessing my homepage
      From: Michael Marzio <mmmarzio@...>
      7. Re: IT problems: accessing my homepage
      From: João Fernandes <johnnybeja@...>
      8. Help! Looking for an on-line Journal
      From: João Fernandes <johnnybeja@...>
      9. Re: Help! Looking for an on-line Journal
      From: Dafne <dygonza@...>
      10. Re: Help! Looking for an on-line Journal
      From: Dafne <dygonza@...>
      11. Re: Help! Looking for an on-line Journal
      From: João Fernandes <johnnybeja@...>
      12. Re: IT problems: accessing my homepage
      From: "J. H. Steele" <jhsteele@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:52:08 -0200
      From: "Barbara Dieu" <bwjdieu@...>
      Subject: Re: IT problems: accessing my homepage

      Hi Arlyn,
      I am in Sao Paulo and use Explorer 6.0 but have not managed to access your
      homepage either. I get a page saying there must be a DNS error or technical
      problems on the page which do not allow it to load. Do not know what the
      problem is as I usually manage to load most pages on the net.
      Warm regards from Brazil,
      Barbara

      Message: 2
      Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:59:50 -0200
      From: "Barbara Dieu" <bwjdieu@...>
      Subject: Voice on Blogger

      Hello,
      I have just recorded a 51 second message through a telephone call to
      audblog. As soon as I put the phone down and typed the url to check the
      result, I saw the message posted on my blogger. As it is a welcome message
      (and the only one for free:-) ), I have removed it from the posting area and
      placed it in the left hand column so it does not disappear in the archives.
      You may listen to it at:
      http://www.beeonline.blogspot.com

      I thought it was really neat and easy to do it. Have a go!
      Warm regards from Brazil,
      Barbara Dieu
      Lycée Pasteur, Sao Paulo
      http://the_english_dept.tripod.com/index.html

      Message: 3
      Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 13:09:50 -0800 (PST)
      From: Arlyn Freed <aiteachesl@...>
      Subject: Joys & Sorrows of owning a Mac

      I ditto everything Elizabeth said, especially about
      not being able to attend Buth's conference (or any
      held in Alado.net) and the overall frustration of
      being left out. Someone offered to buy me a new PC
      because they are really cheap right now, but I
      declined. I just didn't think it was right-- I would
      only use it for CMC tools, which is a big deal to me,
      but not worthy of that kind of investment. Hopefully
      someone will start to think of Macs at the beginning
      of the design process, like Learning Times did. I
      haven't had trouble there yet.
      All the best,
      =====
      http://www.eslhome.com

      "What's past is prologue."
      -- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

      http://photos.yahoo.com/

      Message: 4
      Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 00:25:59 +0100
      From: "Susanne Nyrop" <s.nyrop@...>
      Subject: Re: Voice on Blogger

      Bee,

      I wanted to take a look and listen to your voice recording on the blogspot
      page - but all I see is the banner. No error message, yellow background, all
      empty.

      However, this could well be a local matter because similar mysteries are
      happening the last four or five days to me, mostly with .PDF files opened
      from the browser. Without having any clear idea, and otherwise feeling safe
      with a well updated virus protection, I suspect that some virus or worm
      "eats" content from certain homepages on my PC. Anyone else having similar
      experiences lately?

      But hey! While typing this, suddenly I see that your page IS finally
      opening on my screen , and I can download and listen to your nice clear
      voice message! (still the image files are not showing) .
      Could this eventually be a matter of too many visitors on your page, using
      more bandwidth that you have permission for?

      PS
      I met an Icelandic teacher, Lára Stefansdottir some time ago (in

      Hi Arlyn,
      No problems here in Italy with your page.
      Regards,
      Emma Miliani

      Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 06:23:44 -0800 (PST)
      From: Michael Marzio <mmmarzio@...>

      Hi Arlyn,

      Rest assured that your site is easy to access in France, and looks as good
      as ever.

      And do keep us informed on whether or not you find "any good IT people out
      there" to answer your question, since I didn't even know that such problems
      could be country-specific. I only thought that access could be deliberately
      shut off by government intervention at the highest levels, such as China has
      done (still does?) in regard to certain sites.

      I am CC-ing this message to our friend Willian Alves in Brazil. I'm sure
      he'll find the time to see if he can access your site (Willian - the URL is
      http://www.eslhome.com ).

      Best wishes,

      Michael Marzio

      Message: 3

      Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:08:19 +0000 (GMT)
      From: João Fernandes <johnnybeja@...>

      Hi,

      Your site is perfect here in Portugal.

      /João/

      --- Arlyn Freed <aiteachesl@...> wrote: > Hi,
      > I'm getting the impression that my site is not
      > accessible in all regions of the world. Van is
      > helping me trouble shoot the problem in Brazil (can
      > ANYONE in Brazil access my homepage?), it seems
      > countrywide.
      >
      > I'm wondering how many other countries or locations
      > have had similar trouble that I'm not aware of. If
      > anyone here has had trouble accessing
      > <http://www.eslhome.com> please let me know.
      >
      > My server support swear they have not been down at
      > all
      > and I'm not aware of any down time but can't figure
      > out why Van gets an error message that my server is
      > "not available".
      >
      > Any good IT people out there who might be able to
      > solve this one? I don't put cookies on my site
      > other
      > than the one that counts visitors, so firewalls
      > shouldn't be a problem...
      > Thanks,
      > Arlyn
      >
      > =====
      > http://www.eslhome.com
      >
      > "What's past is prologue."
      > -- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

      > For more information:

      > When replying to postings, please delete this footer
      > and any other extraneous text from the reply -
      > Thanks!!
      >
      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      =====
      / João Fernandes/

      http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt
      http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt

      BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer
      ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be.
      http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21064/*http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk

      Message: 8
      Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:20:20 +0000 (GMT)
      From: João Fernandes <johnnybeja@...>
      Subject: Help! Looking for an on-line Journal

      Hi,
      I am currently working on my post graduate course and
      need to find an on-line journal on educational
      communication.

      Can anyone help me out?
      Any links that may help, please do.

      Much ablidged,

      /João/

      =====
      / João Fernandes/

      http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt
      http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt

      BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer
      ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be.
      http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21064/*http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk

      Message: 9
      Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:44:08 -0800 (PST)
      From: Dafne <dygonza@...>
      Subject: Re: Help! Looking for an on-line Journal

      Hi Joao,

      This is the url to the Journal of Computer Mediated Communication
      (University of Southern California)

      http://www.ascusc.org/jcmc/

      These are 2 articles from the Canadian Journal of Educational Communication

      http://www.amtec.ca/cjlt/vol23no1.pdf

      http://www.amtec.ca/cjlt/vol22no1.pdf

      This is the url to the journal, but I have not been able to get to the site:
      http://www.amtec.ca/cjec.html

      Hope this helps,

      Daf

      João Fernandes <johnnybeja@...> wrote:
      Hi,
      I am currently working on my post graduate course and
      need to find an on-line journal on educational
      communication.

      Can anyone help me out?
      Any links that may help, please do.

      Much ablidged,

      /João/

      =====
      / João Fernandes/

      http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt
      http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt

      extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

      Message: 10
      Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:47:08 -0800 (PST)
      From: Dafne <dygonza@...>

      Joao,

      I found the link, they have changed the name of the journal to: Canadian
      Journal of Learning and Technology
      http://www.amtec.ca/site/publications/journal/pub.shtml

      Daf

      João Fernandes <johnnybeja@...> wrote:
      Hi,
      I am currently working on my post graduate course and
      need to find an on-line journal on educational
      communication.

      Can anyone help me out?
      Any links that may help, please do.

      Much ablidged,

      /João/

      =====
      / João Fernandes/

      http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt
      http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt

      extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

      Message: 11
      Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:02:19 +0000 (GMT)
      From: João Fernandes <johnnybeja@...>

      Thank you very much

      /João/

      --- Dafne <dygonza@...> wrote: > Hi Joao,

      > This is the url to the Journal of Computer Mediated
      > Communication (University of Southern California)
      >
      > http://www.ascusc.org/jcmc/
      >
      > These are 2 articles from the Canadian Journal of
      > Educational Communication
      >
      > http://www.amtec.ca/cjlt/vol23no1.pdf
      >
      > http://www.amtec.ca/cjlt/vol22no1.pdf
      >
      > This is the url to the journal, but I have not been
      > able to get to the site:
      > http://www.amtec.ca/cjec.html
      >
      > Hope this helps,
      >
      > Daf
      >
      > João Fernandes <johnnybeja@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I am currently working on my post graduate course
      > and
      > need to find an on-line journal on educational
      > communication.
      >
      > Can anyone help me out?
      > Any links that may help, please do.
      >
      > Much ablidged,
      >
      > /João/
      >
      > =====
      > / João Fernandes/
      >
      > http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt
      > http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt

      > BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online
      > today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st December 2003. The way
      > the internet was meant to be.

      http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21064/*http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      > For more information:

      > When replying to postings, please delete this footer
      > and any other extraneous text from the reply -
      > Thanks!!

      > Terms of Service.

      > removed]

      > For more information:

      > When replying to postings, please delete this footer
      > and any other extraneous text from the reply -
      > Thanks!!
      >
      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      =====
      / João Fernandes/

      http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt
      http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt

      BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer
      ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be.
      http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21064/*http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk

      Message: 12
      Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:13:46 -0400
      From: "J. H. Steele" <jhsteele@...>

      I have no problems accessing it in Puerto Rico.
      > I'm getting the impression that my site is not
      > accessible in all regions of the world. Van is
      > helping me trouble shoot the problem in Brazil (can
      > ANYONE in Brazil access my homepage?), it seems
      > countrywide.
      >
      > I'm wondering how many other countries or locations
      > have had similar trouble that I'm not aware of. If
      > anyone here has had trouble accessing
      > <http://www.eslhome.com> please let me know.
      >
      > My server support swear they have not been down at
      > all
      > and I'm not aware of any down time but can't figure
      > out why Van gets an error message that my server is
      > "not available".
      >
      > Any good IT people out there who might be able to
      > solve this one? I don't put cookies on my site
      > other
      > than the one that counts visitors, so firewalls
      > shouldn't be a problem...
      > Thanks,
      > Arlyn
      >
      > =====
      > http://www.eslhome.com
      >
      > "What's past is prologue."
      > -- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

      > For more information:

      > When replying to postings, please delete this footer
      > and any other extraneous text from the reply -
      > Thanks!!
      >
      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      =====
      / João Fernandes/

      http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt
      http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt

      BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer
      ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be.
      http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21064/*http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!