IT problems: accessing my homepage

  • Arlyn Freed
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 8, 2003
      Hi,
      I'm getting the impression that my site is not
      accessible in all regions of the world. Van is
      helping me trouble shoot the problem in Brazil (can
      ANYONE in Brazil access my homepage?), it seems
      countrywide.

      I'm wondering how many other countries or locations
      have had similar trouble that I'm not aware of. If
      anyone here has had trouble accessing
      <http://www.eslhome.com> please let me know.

      My server support swear they have not been down at all
      and I'm not aware of any down time but can't figure
      out why Van gets an error message that my server is
      "not available".

      Any good IT people out there who might be able to
      solve this one? I don't put cookies on my site other
      than the one that counts visitors, so firewalls
      shouldn't be a problem...
      Thanks,
      Arlyn

      =====
      http://www.eslhome.com

      "What's past is prologue."
      -- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • Barbara Dieu
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 9, 2003
        Hi Arlyn,
        I am in Sao Paulo and use Explorer 6.0 but have not managed to access your
        homepage either. I get a page saying there must be a DNS error or technical
        problems on the page which do not allow it to load. Do not know what the
        problem is as I usually manage to load most pages on the net.
        Warm regards from Brazil,
        Barbara
      • Maria Albers de urriola
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 9, 2003
          Hi Arlyn,
          Could the problem only related to Brazil? Here in Valencia, Venezuela, two
          minutes ago I have navigated your site with no problem at all. Navigation
          was fast, every link worked, as Germans would say "alles in ordnung"
          (everything under control)
          Greetings,
          María Irene

          > I'm getting the impression that my site is not
          > accessible in all regions of the world. Van is
          > helping me trouble shoot the problem in Brazil (can
          > ANYONE in Brazil access my homepage?), it seems
          > countrywide.
          >
          > I'm wondering how many other countries or locations
          > have had similar trouble that I'm not aware of. If
          > anyone here has had trouble accessing
          > <http://www.eslhome.com> please let me know.
          >
          > My server support swear they have not been down at all
          > and I'm not aware of any down time but can't figure
          > out why Van gets an error message that my server is
          > "not available".
          >
          > Any good IT people out there who might be able to
          > solve this one? I don't put cookies on my site other
          > than the one that counts visitors, so firewalls
          > shouldn't be a problem...
          > Thanks,
          > Arlyn
          >
          > =====
          > http://www.eslhome.com
          >
          > "What's past is prologue."
          > -- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

          > For more information:

          extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

        • Michael Marzio
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 10, 2003
            Hi Arlyn,

            Rest assured that your site is easy to access in France, and looks as good as ever.

            And do keep us informed on whether or not you find "any good IT people out there" to answer your question, since I didn't even know that such problems could be country-specific. I only thought that access could be deliberately shut off by government intervention at the highest levels, such as China has done (still does?) in regard to certain sites.

            I am CC-ing this message to our friend Willian Alves in Brazil. I'm sure he'll find the time to see if he can access your site (Willian - the URL is http://www.eslhome.com ).

            Best wishes,

            Michael Marzio

            Message: 3

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 10, 2003
              Hi,

              Your site is perfect here in Portugal.

              /João/

              --- Arlyn Freed <aiteachesl@...> wrote: > Hi,
              > I'm getting the impression that my site is not
              > accessible in all regions of the world. Van is
              > helping me trouble shoot the problem in Brazil (can
              > ANYONE in Brazil access my homepage?), it seems
              > countrywide.
              >
              > I'm wondering how many other countries or locations
              > have had similar trouble that I'm not aware of. If
              > anyone here has had trouble accessing
              > <http://www.eslhome.com> please let me know.
              >
              > My server support swear they have not been down at
              > all
              > and I'm not aware of any down time but can't figure
              > out why Van gets an error message that my server is
              > "not available".
              >
              > Any good IT people out there who might be able to
              > solve this one? I don't put cookies on my site
              > other
              > than the one that counts visitors, so firewalls
              > shouldn't be a problem...
              > Thanks,
              > Arlyn
              >
              > =====
              > http://www.eslhome.com
              >
              > "What's past is prologue."
              > -- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

              > For more information:

              > When replying to postings, please delete this footer
              > and any other extraneous text from the reply -
              > Thanks!!
              >
              > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              =====
              / João Fernandes/

              http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt
              http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt

              BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21064/*http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk
            • J. H. Steele
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 10, 2003
                I have no problems accessing it in Puerto Rico.
                > I'm getting the impression that my site is not
                > accessible in all regions of the world. Van is
                > helping me trouble shoot the problem in Brazil (can
                > ANYONE in Brazil access my homepage?), it seems
                > countrywide.
                >
                > I'm wondering how many other countries or locations
                > have had similar trouble that I'm not aware of. If
                > anyone here has had trouble accessing
                > <http://www.eslhome.com> please let me know.
                >
                > My server support swear they have not been down at
                > all
                > and I'm not aware of any down time but can't figure
                > out why Van gets an error message that my server is
                > "not available".
                >
                > Any good IT people out there who might be able to
                > solve this one? I don't put cookies on my site
                > other
                > than the one that counts visitors, so firewalls
                > shouldn't be a problem...
                > Thanks,
                > Arlyn
                >
                > =====
                > http://www.eslhome.com
                >
                > "What's past is prologue."
                > -- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

                > For more information:

                > When replying to postings, please delete this footer
                > and any other extraneous text from the reply -
                > Thanks!!
                >
                > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                =====
                / João Fernandes/

                http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt
                http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt

                BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21064/*http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Arlyn Freed
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 13, 2003
                  Dear Mike,

                  Willian wrote to me and he too is unable to access the site. This is
                  really perplexing! I can't believe all of Brazil is unable to visit
                  my web site. Even more perplexing is that Willian used to link to my
                  site, so at what point did the interuption in service occur and why?
                  This sounds a little similar to the problem Rita was having accessing
                  Alado.net until Andrew helped by changing the way Alado.net was set
                  up, because Argentina had a block on certain DNS functions.

                  Andrew, if you're out there, I'd really like to know what you think
                  about all of this...

                  To everyone else, thanks for letting me know this problem is only
                  focused on one country, I appreciate your feedback and the time you
                  took to visit the site!

                  All the best,
                  Arlyn

                  --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Michael Marzio