Re: article about Blackboard

  • Aiden Yeh
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2003
      Dear Tere,

      Thank you for the article. It looks like Blackboard is really doing
      well in the US.

      I have not used BB after the ETA presentation mainly because I have
      my Yahoo Groups which my students find easier to use. And since the
      BB site is a demo site, I don't feel comfortable with the whole set-
      up. Last week, Frank told me that they had upgraded Wimba for BB
      recently and that I should check it out. Indeed, I did. I went to my
      site and checked out the new Wimba tools. The graphics used are
      different, but the tools are basically the same. But the biggest
      disappointment of all was to find that all my students' voice files
      and even the webheads' voice files for the ETA conf. were all gone!
      I checked all the folders but they're nowhere to be found.

      I wrote Frank but I have not received any response from him.

      Anyways, many of my students' voice files are in CDs and diskettes;
      so I still have something to work on.

      So that's my unfortunate experience with BB- I guess, this is what I
      get from a free demo site.

      Aiden

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa Almeida d'Eca"
      <tmvaz@m...> wrote:

      > Hi Webheaders!
      >
      > I think this article has a couple of curiosities that may interest
      some of you, esp. Aiden, who works with Blackboard: