Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Diamond award

  • Rita Zeinstejer
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 2, 2003
      Done, Arlyn.
      Cheers!
      Rita
      I hate to do this but I'm getting desperate. I'm
      four votes shy of earning a Diamond Award for my web
      site, but I need the four votes before Dec. 31st.

    • Aiden Yeh
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 2, 2003
        Done!

        Goodluck!

        aiden
      • Ismail Fayed
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 3, 2003
          Good luck Arlyn, you really deserve it :)

          Ismail.

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Arlyn Freed
          <aiteachesl@y...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          > I hate to do this but I'm getting desperate. I'm
          > four votes shy of earning a Diamond Award for my web
          > site, but I need the four votes before Dec. 31st.
          > It's pretty stupid, I'm not even sure what a Diamond
          > award is and the think most of the other winners are
          > more technologically advanced than my site. But I'd
          > like to get it since I'm so close and have no other
          > awards.

        • Sir Van
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 3, 2003
            I can't open the page for some reason...
            I will have another try some other time, ok?

            Van

            > If you've been to my site and like it and don't mind
            > doing this, please go to the home page
            > http://www.eslhome.com , scroll down to the icon of
            > the Diamond and click on it. A new page will open and
            > you'll be asked to vote yes or no for my site. Anyone
            > can vote -- your students, your friends, even your
            > mother!
          • João Fernandes
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 3, 2003
              You got one more DESERVED vote for your site.

              Good Luck
              /João Fernandes/

              --- Arlyn Freed <aiteachesl@...> wrote: > Hi,
              > I hate to do this but I'm getting desperate. I'm
              > four votes shy of earning a Diamond Award for my web
              > site, but I need the four votes before Dec. 31st.
              > It's pretty stupid, I'm not even sure what a Diamond
              > award is and the think most of the other winners are
              > more technologically advanced than my site. But I'd
              > like to get it since I'm so close and have no other
              > awards.
              >
              > If you've been to my site and like it and don't mind
              > doing this, please go to the home page
              > http://www.eslhome.com , scroll down to the icon of
              > the Diamond and click on it. A new page will open
              > and
              > you'll be asked to vote yes or no for my site.
              > Anyone
              > can vote -- your students, your friends, even your
              > mother!
              >
              > I have already requested this action from the people
              > who link to my site and one of them reported me for
              > SPAM! So I guess that's not the best way to go.
              >
              > Anyway, thanks very much.
              > Arlyn
              >
              > =====
              > http://www.eslhome.com
              >
              > "What's past is prologue."
              > -- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

              > For more information:

              > When replying to postings, please delete this footer
              > and any other extraneous text from the reply -
              > Thanks!!
              >
              > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              =====
              / João Fernandes/

              http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt
              http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt

              http://www.yahoo.co.uk/robbiewilliams
            • Fernanda Rodrigues
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 3, 2003
                You also have my vote, Arlyn
                Congratulations on your site!

                Fernanda
              • Francisco Maya
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 3, 2003
                  Arlyn:
                  You have my vote! Nice website!
                  Francisco. ( a silent webhead).
[...]

                  Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
                  http://companion.yahoo.com/

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • Buthaina
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 3, 2003
                    Arlyn,
                    I am not able to access Diamond award on your home page. I tried to
                    visit it many times, yesterday and today, but couldn't.

                    Mind you I was able to visit the the other pages on your site.Could
                    you please advise.

                    Best Regards,
                    Buth

                    Arlyn Freed wrote:

                    > If you've been to my site and like it and don't mind
                    > doing this, please go to the home page
                    > http://www.eslhome.com , scroll down to the icon of
                    > the Diamond and click on it. A new page will open and
                    > you'll be asked to vote yes or no for my site. Anyone
                    > can vote -- your students, your friends, even your
                    > mother!
                    >
                    > I have already requested this action from the people
                    > who link to my site and one of them reported me for
                    > SPAM! So I guess that's not the best way to go.
                    >
                    > Anyway, thanks very much.
                    > Arlyn
                    >
                    > =====
                    > http://www.eslhome.com
                    >
                    > "What's past is prologue."
                    > -- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

                  • Arlyn Freed
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 5, 2003
                      The URL is:
                      http://www.diamondwebawards.com/cgi-bin/clwork.cgi?id=11616

                      I had this problem once before with this site.
                      Actually, this may have something to do with an email
                      I sent to them regarding their pages.

                      I use Netscape and all of their other pages (other
                      than the voting page) opens in code only in Netscape.
                      On a hunch I checked the pages in IE and they work
                      fine. So, since this is a web site dedicated to great
                      web mastering, I sent them a letter alerting them to
                      this difference.

                      Actually it's an interesting mystery, I skimmed the
                      code and really don't know why the pages read in one
                      browser but not the other. (Just a note: I always
                      check my pages in both browsers and recommend it to
                      others). Long story short -- they may very well be
                      updating their site with this new information. Or
                      their site could just be down as it was two weeks ago.

                      Either way, let me again thank everyone who voted (or
                      who tried to vote), I really appreciate the support.
                      It's especially nice right now at this time in my life
                      and very special for me. Thank you thank you thank
                      you!
                      All the best,
                      Arlyn

                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 5, 2003
                        I've just voted for your site, but couldn't access
                        it any longer. I'm curious about it.

                        Van

                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 6, 2003
                          eslhome.com has received a total of 122 votes
                          and is a Level One 2003-2004 Diamond Web Award Winner

                          (thanks, Mom)

                          congratulations,

                          Vance

                          > > If you've been to my site and like it and don't mind
                          > > doing this, please go to the home page
                          > > http://www.eslhome.com , scroll down to the icon of
                          > > the Diamond and click on it. A new page will open and
                          > > you'll be asked to vote yes or no for my site. Anyone
                          > > can vote -- your students, your friends, even your
                          > > mother!
                        • Pilar Antolín
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 13, 2003
                            I´ve always loved your site since I joined WIA, about a year ago, though I´m silent.
                            Count on my vote
                            Pilar Antolin