Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Digest Number 632

  • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2003
      Aiden--
      This is just the topic we have been kicking around in
      Real English online. Mike Marzio has found some
      solutions, and the Ashcombe School has published some
      free directions on getting video embedded in html
      files. These descriptions are from LINKS in REO (which
      you are a member of!):

      Ashcombe School
      Click on "Digital Video Microsite" to get info on how
      to put video and HotPot exercises into a Webpage. See
      also the file on this topic in our FILES section. [URL
      submitted by Anne Fox]
      http://www.ashcombe.surrey.sch.uk/index.htm

      Ashcombe School Digital Video Pages
      This direct link may not work--you may have to go to
      the school site first. Please check out the HTML code
      for putting video into Webpages. [URL submitted by
      Anne Fox]
      http://www.ashcombe.surrey.sch.uk/Curriculum/modlang/videos.htm

      Mike also put up some pages with streaming video in
      Real Player in a window next to HotPot exercises. You
      will see a link on his site:

      http://www.real-english.com

      Let us know how it works! You might try just upgrading
      to the paid Geocities, as all your docs would be right
      there, you can get your own domain name, and you have
      much more filespace.

      I've also found I can take a Front Page htm document
      and put it into Netscape Composer to massage it more
      easily.
      --Elizabeth

      > From: "Aiden Yeh" <aidenyeh@...>
      > Subject: Re: Aiden's Videos of Wenshan Conf.
      >
      > Arlyn, Vance, Maria and all,
      >
      > The pages were done in FP; I also used the easy
      > embed video feature
      > of FP. You need to have the active X plug-in in
      > order to view the
      > videos- this is the downside of using the built-in
      > embed codes of
      > FP. Last summer, I tried to 'learn' how to embed
      > real player or
      > quick time player on my pages but I found/find it
      > REAL hard.
      > Geocities even make it harder for me. I have made up
      > my mind to buy
      > myself a domain. I am now looking for a web host
      > that has
      > good/efficient service/s, big on storage capability,
      > and a monthly
      > fee that's easy on the budget. It would be great if
      > there's no set
      > up fee. I'm stingy alright!
      >
      > It would be great to have one by late December (as
      > I'll have a month
      > and half break to transfer files, create pages,
      > etc.)
      >
      > Do we have a market/product comparisson available
      > somewhere. I think
      > we should have one, if not, a list of urls where we
      > could compare
      > prices and products/services being offered in the
      > market.
      >
      > aiden

      Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
      http://companion.yahoo.com/