Re: [evonline2002_webheads] For Van: the World Clock web page

  • John Hibbs
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2003
      "What time is it?" has *always* been a vexing, vexing problem for
      those involved in Global Learn Day. Here is what we had to say about
      it

      <http://www.bfranklin.edu/gld/whattime.htm>

      What we - FINALLY - did about it was to not give ANY "time" in our
      Timetable. -- not GMT not UCT not PST not EST not European time

      Instead, what we did was have a graphic that said YOUR LOCAL TIME.
      When you clicked the graphic it took you to a page with a list of
      cities and the time in those cities that equated to the time of the
      presentation.

      See find what we did here - a
      http://www.bfranklin.edu/gld7/schedule.htm - at the far right of the page.

      I think it is a model we will repeat.

      At 4:39 PM -0800 11/29/03, Arlyn Freed wrote:
      >Hi Van,
      >
      >I'm sending you the URL for the World Clock so you can
      >send us information in GMT time, the standard time for
      >Webheads. It's too hard for us to translate
      >individual times for each country-- that gets a little
      >crazy!
      >
      >I have enough trouble translating GMT to EST (my time)
      >and am always too early or too late as it is! :)
      >
      >All the best,
      >Arlyn
      >
      >=====
      >http://www.eslhome.com
      >
      >"What's past is prologue."
      >-- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

      >For more information:

      >extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

    • Sir Van
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
        Arlyn--

        Thank you very much for the tip and for
        your previous comments on the 1st.
        International MOO Workshop. I will
        send your remarks to my students.

        They will be posting their impressions
        on our NICENET discussion board.

        I invite all webheads participants in the
        workshop to enter our forum and drop a
        line.

        http://www.nicenet.org
        Class Key: P83624W97