For Van: the World Clock web page

  • Arlyn Freed
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2003
      Hi Van,

      I'm sending you the URL for the World Clock so you can
      send us information in GMT time, the standard time for
      Webheads. It's too hard for us to translate
      individual times for each country-- that gets a little
      crazy!

      I have enough trouble translating GMT to EST (my time)
      and am always too early or too late as it is! :)

      All the best,
      Arlyn

      =====
      http://www.eslhome.com

      "What's past is prologue."
      -- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

      Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
      http://companion.yahoo.com/
    • John Hibbs
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2003
        "What time is it?" has *always* been a vexing, vexing problem for
        those involved in Global Learn Day. Here is what we had to say about
        it

        <http://www.bfranklin.edu/gld/whattime.htm>

        What we - FINALLY - did about it was to not give ANY "time" in our
        Timetable. -- not GMT not UCT not PST not EST not European time

        Instead, what we did was have a graphic that said YOUR LOCAL TIME.
        When you clicked the graphic it took you to a page with a list of
        cities and the time in those cities that equated to the time of the
        presentation.

        See find what we did here - a
        http://www.bfranklin.edu/gld7/schedule.htm - at the far right of the page.

        I think it is a model we will repeat.

        At 4:39 PM -0800 11/29/03, Arlyn Freed wrote:
        >Hi Van,
        >
        >I'm sending you the URL for the World Clock so you can
        >send us information in GMT time, the standard time for
        >Webheads. It's too hard for us to translate
        >individual times for each country-- that gets a little
        >crazy!
        >
        >I have enough trouble translating GMT to EST (my time)
        >and am always too early or too late as it is! :)
        >
        >All the best,
        >Arlyn
        >
        >=====
        >http://www.eslhome.com
        >
        >"What's past is prologue."
        >-- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

        >For more information:

        >extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

      • Sir Van
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
          Arlyn--

          Thank you very much for the tip and for
          your previous comments on the 1st.
          International MOO Workshop. I will
          send your remarks to my students.

          They will be posting their impressions
          on our NICENET discussion board.

          I invite all webheads participants in the
          workshop to enter our forum and drop a
          line.

          http://www.nicenet.org
          Class Key: P83624W97