Re: two important web design sites

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2002
      Thanks BJB,

      Two I like are Webmonkey and a little ditty that I created when someone
      challenged me to write a tutorial that would 'teach her how to make a
      web page.' Here are the urls:

      Webmonkey: http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/
      My tutorial:
      http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/cyprus2001/workshop/very_basics/starthere.htm

      My tutorial can illustrate the very basic structure of an html
      document. That structure is presented here:
      http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/cyprus2001/workshop/very_basics/example01.htm

      Last night, I tried to explain to Dafne and others how to take the code
      for Wimba or for GroupBoard and put it in your own web page. Dafne
      finally managed it, but I promised to explain how. When you register
      with Wimba <http://www.wimba.com> or GroupBoard
      <http://www.groupboard.com> you receive in return email a bit of CODE
      which you cut and paste into your own web page. Referring to the very
      basic structure above, the result will look something like this:

      You take the html and body tags with the code embedded and paste them to
      a text edited document such as Notepad (in Windows; what's the Mac
      equivalent?). Then you save the document as anynameyoulike.html. The
      name of the file is not important but it IS important that it end in dot
      .htm or .html.

      Then you upload this file to your web page either using the File Manager
      of your web provider or and FTP client. There is more information about
      creating web page documents and uploading them in the Week 5 syllabus
      here:

      http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/evonline2002/week5.htm
      http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/week5.htm

      When you've done that, send us the url and we'll visit your page.

      If you want to 'dress up' your web page with the Wimba or GroupBoard
      applet on it, look at the Week 5 syllabus page to see how OR write this
      list with your questions.

      ;-| Vance