Re: Invitation - part II

  • buthaina_3
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
      Hi Van,
      Please count me in as I'm very intersted in joining you and your
      students.
      Fortunately, November, 26 - 7:30 PM would be Thursday, November 27 -
      3:30 AM, Kuwait Time, which is the weekend here, in Kuwait. So,I
      don't have to worry about the next day.
      Best wishes,
      Buth

      "Sir_Van" wrote:
      > The event I mentioned a few days ago will be
      > on November, 26 - 7:30 PM - Brasilia Time, at
      > FatecMOO http://moo.fatecid.com.br:7000

      > Those interested in joining us, please let me know
      > because that will be necessary to be creatd new accounts
      > at FatecMOO.
      >
      > Thank you so much!
      >
      > Van
    • Aiden Yeh
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
        Van,

        That'll be 5:30 AM Taiwan time. I'll try to be there- 'will set my
        alarm clock- I expect your session will last for an hour, in which
        case, as soon as this event wraps up it would be time for me to
        prepare breakfast and send my kids off to school :-)

        Aiden

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Sir_Van"
        <sir.van@u...> wrote:
        > The event I mentioned a few days ago will be
        > on November, 26 - 7:30 PM - Brasilia Time, at
        > FatecMOO http://moo.fatecid.com.br:7000
        > We will call it:

      • Rita Zeinstejer
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
          I would have liked to join you, Vance, but at this time I'm in class (6.30 pm in Argentina), sorry about this!
          Best,
          Rita

          <sir.van@u...> wrote:
          > The event I mentioned a few days ago will be
          > on November, 26 - 7:30 PM - Brasilia Time, at
          > FatecMOO http://moo.fatecid.com.br:7000
          > We will call it:

        • CJones
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
            Hi, Van,

            I would be happy to join you if you can get me an account. Is
            Brasilia still on Daylight savings time then? This will help me
            figure out the time here.

            Chris Jones

            <sir.van@u...> wrote:
            > The event I mentioned a few days ago will be
            > on November, 26 - 7:30 PM - Brasilia Time, at
            > FatecMOO http://moo.fatecid.com.br:7000
            > We will call it:
            >
            > EFL online practice: students talk about their
            > experience in using MOOs and other Internet tools.
            >
            > Basically, the meeting will be divided into
            > two moments:
            > 1- My EFL students will talk and present about
            > their experiences in using computers, especially
            > MOOs, to practice English.
            >
            > 2- There will be an open discussion on the issue:
            > Can computers/Internet help EFL students to improve
            > their skills? Why? Why not? How?
            >
            > The students are in the process of organizing the
            > meeting, so I will have more details in a week.
            > Because of the large number of people attending
            > the discussion we intend to split them up in
            > small groups. We estimate 6 - 8 groups of 8 - 10
            > people.
            >
            > Those interested in joining us, please let me know
            > because that will be necessary to be creatd new accounts
            > at FatecMOO.
            >
            > Thank you so much!
            >
            > Van
          • Sir Van
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
              Yes, we started daylight saving time just a few
              weeks ago and it will have an end in 2004.

              Welcome aboard!

              Van

              > I would be happy to join you if you can get me an account. Is
              > Brasilia still on Daylight savings time then? This will help me
              > figure out the time here.
              >
              > Chris Jones
              >
              > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Sir_Van"
              > <sir.van@u...> wrote:
              > > The event I mentioned a few days ago will be
              > > on November, 26 - 7:30 PM - Brasilia Time, at
              > > FatecMOO http://moo.fatecid.com.br:7000
              > > We will call it:
              > >
              > > EFL online practice: students talk about their
              > > experience in using MOOs and other Internet tools.
              > >
              > > Basically, the meeting will be divided into
              > > two moments:
              > > 1- My EFL students will talk and present about
              > > their experiences in using computers, especially
              > > MOOs, to practice English.
              > >
              > > 2- There will be an open discussion on the issue:
              > > Can computers/Internet help EFL students to improve
              > > their skills? Why? Why not? How?
              > >
              > > The students are in the process of organizing the
              > > meeting, so I will have more details in a week.
              > > Because of the large number of people attending
              > > the discussion we intend to split them up in
              > > small groups. We estimate 6 - 8 groups of 8 - 10
              > > people.
              > >
              > > Those interested in joining us, please let me know
              > > because that will be necessary to be creatd new accounts
              > > at FatecMOO.
              > >
              > > Thank you so much!
              > >
              > > Van

              > For more information:

              extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

            • Sir Van
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
                Well, I am not Vance... I really need to study very, very
                hard to become Vance :)
                Thanks anyway!

                Van

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
                  Hi, Aiden!!

                  We will start at 7:30 PM and finish at 10:00 PM.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
                    Thanks,

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
                      Van,

                      I'll check Miki's (my husband) schedule. If he's not on-call, then
                      perhaps he can drop my kids off to school. If not, is it alright if
                      I leave early?

                      <sir.van@u...> wrote:
                      > Hi, Aiden!!
                      >
                      > We will start at 7:30 PM and finish at 10:00 PM.
                      >
                      > Van

                    • Sir Van
                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
                        No problem at all, Aiden, thanks for your
                        efforts.

                        Van
                        > I'll check Miki's (my husband) schedule. If he's not on-call, then
                        > perhaps he can drop my kids off to school. If not, is it alright if
                        > I leave early?
                        >
                        > Aiden
                        >
                        > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Sir Van"
                        > <sir.van@u...> wrote:
                        > > Hi, Aiden!!
                        > >
                        > > We will start at 7:30 PM and finish at 10:00 PM.
                        > >
                        > > Van

                        > For more information:

                        extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

                      • Maria Rendon
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
                          Hi "Van" your name is almost "Vance" just add two more letters...and
                          you are also SIR Van... wow that's something!

                          Count me in too for the event!

                          Maria Rendon

                          http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.ht

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/