Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Invitation - part II

  • João Fernandes
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 2, 2003
      Hi,
      I will be glad to join in.

      Sir_Van <sir.van@...> wrote:
      The event I mentioned a few days ago will be
      on November, 26 - 7:30 PM - Brasilia Time, at
      FatecMOO http://moo.fatecid.com.br:7000
      We will call it:

      EFL online practice: students talk about their
      experience in using MOOs and other Internet tools.

      Basically, the meeting will be divided into
      two moments:
      1- My EFL students will talk and present about
      their experiences in using computers, especially
      MOOs, to practice English.

      2- There will be an open discussion on the issue:
      Can computers/Internet help EFL students to improve
      their skills? Why? Why not? How?

      The students are in the process of organizing the
      meeting, so I will have more details in a week.
      Because of the large number of people attending
      the discussion we intend to split them up in
      small groups. We estimate 6 - 8 groups of 8 - 10
      people.

      Those interested in joining us, please let me know
      because that will be necessary to be creatd new accounts
      at FatecMOO.

      Thank you so much!

      Van

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      / João Fernandes/

      http://joaojardim.no.sapo.pt
      http://englishonline.no.sapo.pt

    • Maria Jordano
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 2, 2003
        I will try to join...

        Mar�a

        =====

        Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
        Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
        14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

        TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

      • buthaina_3
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
          Hi Van,
          Please count me in as I'm very intersted in joining you and your
          students.
          Fortunately, November, 26 - 7:30 PM would be Thursday, November 27 -
          3:30 AM, Kuwait Time, which is the weekend here, in Kuwait. So,I
          don't have to worry about the next day.
          Best wishes,
          Buth

          "Sir_Van" wrote:
          > The event I mentioned a few days ago will be
          > on November, 26 - 7:30 PM - Brasilia Time, at
          > FatecMOO http://moo.fatecid.com.br:7000

          > Those interested in joining us, please let me know
          > because that will be necessary to be creatd new accounts
          > at FatecMOO.
          >
          > Thank you so much!
          >
          > Van
        • Aiden Yeh
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
            Van,

            That'll be 5:30 AM Taiwan time. I'll try to be there- 'will set my
            alarm clock- I expect your session will last for an hour, in which
            case, as soon as this event wraps up it would be time for me to
            prepare breakfast and send my kids off to school :-)

            Aiden

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Sir_Van"
            <sir.van@u...> wrote:
            > The event I mentioned a few days ago will be
            > on November, 26 - 7:30 PM - Brasilia Time, at
            > FatecMOO http://moo.fatecid.com.br:7000
            > We will call it:

          • Rita Zeinstejer
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
              I would have liked to join you, Vance, but at this time I'm in class (6.30 pm in Argentina), sorry about this!
              Best,
              Rita

              <sir.van@u...> wrote:
              > The event I mentioned a few days ago will be
              > on November, 26 - 7:30 PM - Brasilia Time, at
              > FatecMOO http://moo.fatecid.com.br:7000
              > We will call it:

            • CJones
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 3, 2003
                Hi, Van,

                I would be happy to join you if you can get me an account. Is
                Brasilia still on Daylight savings time then? This will help me
                figure out the time here.

                Chris Jones

                <sir.van@u...> wrote:
                > The event I mentioned a few days ago will be
                > on November, 26 - 7:30 PM - Brasilia Time, at
                > FatecMOO http://moo.fatecid.com.br:7000
                > We will call it:
                >
                > EFL online practice: students talk about their
                > experience in using MOOs and other Internet tools.
                >
                > Basically, the meeting will be divided into
                > two moments:
                > 1- My EFL students will talk and present about
                > their experiences in using computers, especially
                > MOOs, to practice English.
                >
                > 2- There will be an open discussion on the issue:
                > Can computers/Internet help EFL students to improve
                > their skills? Why? Why not? How?
                >
                > The students are in the process of organizing the
                > meeting, so I will have more details in a week.
                > Because of the large number of people attending
                > the discussion we intend to split them up in
                > small groups. We estimate 6 - 8 groups of 8 - 10
                > people.
                >
                > Those interested in joining us, please let me know
                > because that will be necessary to be creatd new accounts
                > at FatecMOO.
                >
                > Thank you so much!
                >
                > Van
              • Sir Van
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
                  Yes, we started daylight saving time just a few
                  weeks ago and it will have an end in 2004.

                  Welcome aboard!

                  Van

                  > I would be happy to join you if you can get me an account. Is
                  > Brasilia still on Daylight savings time then? This will help me
                  > figure out the time here.
                  >
                  > Chris Jones
                  >
                  > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Sir_Van"
                  > <sir.van@u...> wrote:
                  > > The event I mentioned a few days ago will be
                  > > on November, 26 - 7:30 PM - Brasilia Time, at
                  > > FatecMOO http://moo.fatecid.com.br:7000
                  > > We will call it:
                  > >
                  > > EFL online practice: students talk about their
                  > > experience in using MOOs and other Internet tools.
                  > >
                  > > Basically, the meeting will be divided into
                  > > two moments:
                  > > 1- My EFL students will talk and present about
                  > > their experiences in using computers, especially
                  > > MOOs, to practice English.
                  > >
                  > > 2- There will be an open discussion on the issue:
                  > > Can computers/Internet help EFL students to improve
                  > > their skills? Why? Why not? How?
                  > >
                  > > The students are in the process of organizing the
                  > > meeting, so I will have more details in a week.
                  > > Because of the large number of people attending
                  > > the discussion we intend to split them up in
                  > > small groups. We estimate 6 - 8 groups of 8 - 10
                  > > people.
                  > >
                  > > Those interested in joining us, please let me know
                  > > because that will be necessary to be creatd new accounts
                  > > at FatecMOO.
                  > >
                  > > Thank you so much!
                  > >
                  > > Van

                  > For more information:

                  extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

                • Sir Van
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
                    Well, I am not Vance... I really need to study very, very
                    hard to become Vance :)
                    Thanks anyway!

                    Van

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
                      Hi, Aiden!!

                      We will start at 7:30 PM and finish at 10:00 PM.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
                        Thanks,

                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 4, 2003
                          Van,

                          I'll check Miki's (my husband) schedule. If he's not on-call, then
                          perhaps he can drop my kids off to school. If not, is it alright if
                          I leave early?

                          <sir.van@u...> wrote:
                          > Hi, Aiden!!
                          >
                          > We will start at 7:30 PM and finish at 10:00 PM.
                          >
                          > Van

                        • Sir Van
                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
                            No problem at all, Aiden, thanks for your
                            efforts.

                            Van
                            > I'll check Miki's (my husband) schedule. If he's not on-call, then
                            > perhaps he can drop my kids off to school. If not, is it alright if
                            > I leave early?
                            >
                            > Aiden
                            >
                            > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Sir Van"
                            > <sir.van@u...> wrote:
                            > > Hi, Aiden!!
                            > >
                            > > We will start at 7:30 PM and finish at 10:00 PM.
                            > >
                            > > Van

                            > For more information:

                            extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

                          • Maria Rendon
                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 5, 2003
                              Hi "Van" your name is almost "Vance" just add two more letters...and
                              you are also SIR Van... wow that's something!

                              Count me in too for the event!

                              Maria Rendon

                              http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.ht

                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/