Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: problems with geocities

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2003
      Thank you, Mike, and all those who have given me feedback on how your
      computer performs with Geocities. However, I was expecting a little more
      from my online friends, namely, hints on how to try and solve my problem.

      I tend to think that it's some problem with my computer, because my
      husband's computer, right next to mine, opens any Geocities page very
      quickly. So, what I did earlier this morning was to delete all my cookies
      and see how Geocities performs. I'll let you know. BTW, my first impression
      (and hope it's a lasting one!) is that it's quicker.

      Request: May I ask you all NOT to refer to or use Aiden's page for anything
      yet. I mentioned to it, because it came up in a message, but I've been asked
      not to give it any use for now. I only used Aiden's "fabulously looking
      page" as a timely example of my computer's "very bad" performance (snail's
      pace) in accessing ANY Geocities page. My apologies for my inappropriate
      reference.

      Cheers,

      Teresa

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 3, 2003
        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa Almeida d'Eca"
        <tmvaz@m...> wrote:
        > Request: May I ask you all NOT to refer to or use Aiden's page for
        anything
        > yet. I mentioned to it, because it came up in a message, but I've
        been asked
        > not to give it any use for now. I only used Aiden's "fabulously
        looking
        > page" as a timely example of my computer's "very bad" performance
        (snail's
        > pace) in accessing ANY Geocities page. My apologies for my
        inappropriate
        > reference.

        Mea culpa also. In a spirit of congratulations on a Webhead's
        accomplishment I shared Aiden's url with the group a bit over
        effusively as it now appears. As someone pointed out to me, she
        signed up for the EVO_2004 group thinking it was the online training
        being offered January to March. If you have done that this might
        have created a minor perterbation in a very small teapot, tilting
        ever so slightly the ordinary balance of things. As I was in part
        responsible I might now take it upon myself to ask that -if you have
        ACCIDENTALLY subscribed to the moderator training group- you send an
        unsubscription notice to EVO_2004-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com . It's
        really no big deal either way and you would probably contribute to
        the moderator training, but technically members of that group are
        moderators of the upcoming sessions and designated trainers, so just
        to set things back on perfectly even keel, and only if you joined by
        mistake, you might attend to this request.

        We are all volunteers and everyone in this group is appreciated. We
        all suffer from information overload and no one will complain if you
        don't take any action as a result of this email. And I hope that
        this mail will resolve rather than add to any confusion.

        If you wish further clarification you might contact me off list.

        Cheers,