Re: [evonline2002_webheads] gld7

  • Michael Coghlan
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2003
      Vance, Teresa et al -

      At 06:55 AM 11/30/2003 +0000, you wrote:

      >Vance,
      >
      >I also sent John Hibbs a message yesterday saying I'd contacted you at YM
      >the day before to talk about GLD7 about a possible topic for Webheads
      >(that he's so interested in): "institutional resistance to technology" and
      >how to tackle it.

      I think this is a great topic. But is this a suggested topic for the
      Webheads GLD event?

      - Michael.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2003
        Michael,

        John Hibbs said he'd like to see this topic dealt with, though not
        specifically for Webheads, as far as I remember.

        I found the message! At a certain point he says:

        "What's the biggest problem? The biggest problem is, I think,
        institutional resistance...and that too is a great subject for GLD -
        how do you break down institutional resistance -- turn it in your
        favor? make the institution your partner as versus your enemy? That's
        a great subject all by itself."

        He's speaking in general terms, not specifically for Webheads.

        Cheers,

        Teresa

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 29, 2003
          Vance,

          I also sent John Hibbs a message yesterday saying I'd contacted you at YM the day before to talk about GLD7 about a possible topic for Webheads (that he's so interested in): "institutional resistance to technology" and how to tackle it.

          Anyway, I told him we'd be doing something for sure (I hope so!) and that we had considered it a very interesting topic for such a diverse community as ours. I'm sure many different situations and solutions will come out!

          Look forward to hearing your feedback from yesterday.

          Teresa